Dev - modifying JavaMailContainer to keep messages on server

Dev - modifying JavaMailContainer to keep messages on server

Si Chen-2
Hi.

I'm reading through the JavaMailContainer.java code and see it do

messages[i].setFlag(Flags.Flag.DELETED, true);

and then

folder.close(true);

which basically deletes the messages off the server.  Would you like a
change where in base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml we can add a parameter
to control whether messages are deleted off the server or not, so you
can keep them on the server after they've been read into OFBiz?

Si

Re: Dev - modifying JavaMailContainer to keep messages on server

David E. Jones

Yes, that would be nice to configure. If you have a chance to work on it I'll keep an eye out for the patch. Hopefully I'll get caught up on those this weekend...

-David

Si Chen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm reading through the JavaMailContainer.java code and see it do
>
> messages[i].setFlag(Flags.Flag.DELETED, true);
>
> and then
>
> folder.close(true);
>
> which basically deletes the messages off the server.  Would you like a
> change where in base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml we can add a parameter
> to control whether messages are deleted off the server or not, so you
> can keep them on the server after they've been read into OFBiz?
>
> Si

Re: Dev - modifying JavaMailContainer to keep messages on server

Si Chen-2
Ok.  I created an issue will try to get to it soon.

So one question: what is the relationship between the container in ofbiz-containers.xml and the mca's?  How do we configure which mca's run against which mail container?

Thanks,

Si