Dev - need "make-valid-service" in simple language

Dev - need "make-valid-service" in simple language

byersa
David,

It seems like  a "makeValid" op for prepping a service call would be a
good thing. I will be glad to add it to JIRA and write it, but I wanted
to find out if there was a reason for not doing it.

-Al

Re: Dev - need "make-valid-service" in simple language

David E. Jones

Al,

There is a simple-method operation for this called set-service-
fields. What did you mean by "op", or where did you want to use this?

You can see the code in the SetServiceFields.java file.

-David

On Jan 11, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Al Byers wrote:

> David,
>
> It seems like  a "makeValid" op for prepping a service call would be a
> good thing. I will be glad to add it to JIRA and write it, but I
> wanted
> to find out if there was a reason for not doing it.
>
> -Al

Re: Dev - need "make-valid-service" in simple language

Si Chen-2
David,

Is there a java equivalent of set-service-fields?

Thanks,

Si

David E. Jones wrote:

> Al,
>
> There is a simple-method operation for this called set-service-
> fields. What did you mean by "op", or where did you want to use this?
>
> You can see the code in the SetServiceFields.java file.
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 11, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Al Byers wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> It seems like  a "makeValid" op for prepping a service call would be a
>> good thing. I will be glad to add it to JIRA and write it, but I  wanted
>> to find out if there was a reason for not doing it.
>>
>> -Al

Re: Dev - need "make-valid-service" in simple language

byersa
Si,

I just missed this in simple methods, but the java equivalent is
ModelService makeValid(...). I missed it because I just assumed it would
call makeValid and was searching for that.

-Al

Si Chen wrote:

>David,
>
>Is there a java equivalent of set-service-fields?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Si
>
>David E. Jones wrote:
>

>>Al,
>>
>>There is a simple-method operation for this called set-service-
>>fields. What did you mean by "op", or where did you want to use this?
>>
>>You can see the code in the SetServiceFields.java file.
>>
>>-David
>>

>>On Jan 11, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Al Byers wrote:
>>

>>>David,
>>>
>>>It seems like  a "makeValid" op for prepping a service call would be a
>>>good thing. I will be glad to add it to JIRA and write it, but I  wanted
>>>to find out if there was a reason for not doing it.
>>>
>>>-Al

Re: Dev - need "make-valid-service" in simple language

Si Chen-2
Hey, thanks so much! I knew I saw that somewhere. Now you convinced me
I'm not going crazy. :-)

Si