Dev - should Phone Call/Email/Meeting/Travel etc. be workEffortType or workEffortPurposeType?

Dev - should Phone Call/Email/Meeting/Travel etc. be workEffortType or workEffortPurposeType?

Si Chen-2
Hi.

I saw there was a "Meeting" for WorkEffortPurpose but was not sure
whether other types of work effort such as Phone Call, Email, Travel,
etc. should be a workEffortType or workEffortPurposeType?  I'm leaning
towards workEffortType but that may make things a lot more complicated
for things like the "My Tasks" screen in WorkEffort.  But is using
WorkEffortPurposeType the wrong thing to do?

Or, should we have a sub-type field as well that is optional, so a work
effort can be a Task with subType Phone Call/Email/Travel?

Thanks,

Si

Re: Dev - should Phone Call/Email/Meeting/Travel etc. be workEffortType or workEffortPurposeType?

David E. Jones

I think this is actually a good description of the different between
a WorkEffortType and a WorkEffortPurposeType. These various things
like Phone Call, Email, Travel, etc would be good purposes....

-David

On Jan 27, 2006, at 3:43 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I saw there was a "Meeting" for WorkEffortPurpose but was not sure
> whether other types of work effort such as Phone Call, Email, Travel,
> etc. should be a workEffortType or workEffortPurposeType?  I'm leaning
> towards workEffortType but that may make things a lot more complicated
> for things like the "My Tasks" screen in WorkEffort.  But is using
> WorkEffortPurposeType the wrong thing to do?
>
> Or, should we have a sub-type field as well that is optional, so a
> work
> effort can be a Task with subType Phone Call/Email/Travel?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Si

Re: Dev - should Phone Call/Email/Meeting/Travel etc. be workEffortType or workEffortPurposeType?

Si Chen-2
Thanks!  :)