Dev - tax authorities

Sebastien Ardrino
Hi,

My name is Sebastien, I work for society C-libre which are in Neogia
France.
We are specifing ofbiz for french food and beverage industries.

I'm studing tax and I have a question: There is an entity
TaxAuthorityCategorie: this entity is use to associate categories and
tax authority. In first i think that was for use tax only in this
categories but I understand that function (specify category) is use
whith entity TaxAuthorityRateProduct. So my question is
TaxAuthorityCategorie is use for what? I search in java code but I don't
find where it can be used.

Thanks for your future answer.

Sébastien

Re: Dev - tax authorities

David E. Jones

The main purpose of the TaxAuthorityCategory entity is to keep track
of the product categories associated with a TaxAuthority for
administration convenience. There are sometime a LOT of the tax rate
rules/records to setup and selecting from the entire set of
categories you have for every rule is a lot slower than choosing from
the categories specific to that TaxAuthority. This is also helpful
for administration because sometimes a set of categories is make just
for a specific TaxAuthority, and this can help you keep track of them.

-David