Dev - this week's development blog is done!

Re: Dev - No more LGPL jars under the base, application and framework folders

David E. Jones

There is no reason I can see to be concerned about this. We will have our own little corner of the Apache SVN world and there will be no interference from other projects.

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:

> the only question I have is if you split off all this won't it get lost
> in the ASF since is is one big SVN?
>
> maybe it is my old age, and not wanting to got thru major changes.. LOL.
>

> David E. Jones sent the following on 5/28/2006 1:52 PM:
>> I commented in another message about the opentravelsystem component stuff. This is the course that we discussed quite a while back, and I'd rather stick to it than expand the scope of the OFBiz to ASF move before we're even done...
>>
>> Anyway, on the directory organization...
>>
>> It sounds like you're proposing that the website directory be moved out from under the main OFBiz directory. Is that correct? Is there a particular reason for this?
>>
>> I've thought about splitting out the applications directory in a similar way, and perhaps even creating a "framework" directory that would contain everything except the applications directory, but in a way it's a pain to have that be a peer to the framework directory, and if we did it with that we should do it with the "hot-deploy" and "specialized" directories too...
>>
>> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>>
>> BTW, _if_ we do any directory reorganization it will happen in the current SVN repository and be before the ASF move. I want the initial ASF SVN check-in to be the same (as much as possible...) to a specific SVN revision in the current repository...
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> I think that you have introduced an interesting point about the
>>> opentravelsystem component: should we move some of the specialized
>>> components to the ASF together with the core OFBiz?
>>>
>>> For me it's ok to move the OTS component to the ASF, by the way I'd
>>> prefer a structure like this:
>>>
>>> trunk/ofbiz
>>> trunk/website
>>> trunk/specialized/opentravelsystem
>>>
>>> What others think about this?
>>>
>>> Jacopo

Re: Dev - No more LGPL jars under the base, application and framework folders

Okay, as of this evening we should have all jars with questionable licensing removed from the main ofbiz tree. For details please see:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/Vg

With this I think we are ready to move the code based to the Apache SVN server. However, I would appreciate some independent reviews to make sure I didn't miss anything...

I think for now we've decided to go with generic committer privileges, so we can pretty much go with this in the very near future.

-David

Christian Geisert wrote:

> Jacopo Cappellato schrieb:
>> As pointed out by crisg in
>> http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=LibrariesIncludedInOFBiz
>
> Thats me, I started reviewing it but ran out of time...
>
> I think it would be a good thing to have this list checked before the
> svn move and I hope to find some time to help.
>
> mail.jar seems to be another problem seems but this could be replaced
> with a version from Geronimo or Glassfish
>
> Christian

Re: Dev - No more LGPL jars under the base, application and framework folders

Jacopo Cappellato
+1000