Dev - this week's development blog

Re: Dev - this week's development blog

Adrian Crum
Thanks Si!

I noticed the change to WorkEffort's main decorator (r 7807) - that's the way I
intended the style sheets to be used. However, I would like to suggest one small
change:

In WorkEffort's main-decorator, move the lines

<set field="layoutSettings.styleSheets[]" value="/images/maincss.css"
global="true"/>
<set field="layoutSettings.styleSheets[]" value="/images/tabstyles.css"
global="true"/>

to the GLOBAL Decorator. Everything should still work the same.

The reason for this suggestion is - try to keep the maincss.css style sheet
references out of the components, so that we can work on the UI Themes I proposed.

In time, I'll submit patches for the Global Decorator to get the main style
sheets from user preference settings, instead of them being hard-coded in the
CommonScreens.xml file.

-Adrian

Si Chen wrote:
> is done!
>
> http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2006/06/ofbiz-development-svn-r7807.html

Dev - Stylesheets and GlobalDecorator [WAS: this week's development blog]

Jacopo Cappellato
Adrian, David,

I've created a Jira issue with a patch for this in:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-29

Jacopo

Adrian Crum wrote:

> Thanks Si!
>
> I noticed the change to WorkEffort's main decorator (r 7807) - that's the way I
> intended the style sheets to be used. However, I would like to suggest one small
> change:
>
> In WorkEffort's main-decorator, move the lines
>
> <set field="layoutSettings.styleSheets[]" value="/images/maincss.css"
> global="true"/>
> <set field="layoutSettings.styleSheets[]" value="/images/tabstyles.css"
> global="true"/>
>
> to the GLOBAL Decorator. Everything should still work the same.
>
> The reason for this suggestion is - try to keep the maincss.css style sheet
> references out of the components, so that we can work on the UI Themes I proposed.
>
> In time, I'll submit patches for the Global Decorator to get the main style
> sheets from user preference settings, instead of them being hard-coded in the
> CommonScreens.xml file.
>
> -Adrian
>

> Si Chen wrote:
>> is done!
>>
>> http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2006/06/ofbiz-development-svn-r7807.html

Re: Dev - Stylesheets and GlobalDecorator [WAS: this week's development blog]

Adrian Crum
Thank you Jacopo and David!