Dev - what is a CompDoc?

Si Chen-2
Al,

What is a "CompDoc"?  I saw some commits from you but couldn't figure
out what they could possibly be for.

Happy New Year.  :)

Si

Re: Dev - what is a CompDoc?

byersa
Si Chen wrote:

>Al,
>
>What is a "CompDoc"?  I saw some commits from you but couldn't figure
>out what they could possibly be for.
>
>Happy New Year.  :)
>
>Si

Si,

A CompDoc is a special application of the Content entities. In this
case, Integral needs to supply a program to a client that wants to
streamline the procurement of services process. What this amounts to is
getting a lot of documents in place and approved. You will see that
there are new entities in that section - ContentApproval and
ContentRevision/Item - for, not only must documents be approved, but you
must keep track of which revision the user approved. Many of these
documents are in MS Word format; hence the need to expand the content
manager with OpenOffice to handle them.

In many ways it parallels and complements the Palmtree project - only
Content objects are used to track things, instead of Workefforts. We
have talked about ways to marry the two, but the right way has not
become obvious to me. In this case, all the requirements are met by just
keeping track of documents, but there surely must be cases where the
requirement must be met by tracking with both documents and workefforts.

-Al