Dev - work effort fields conundrum

Si Chen-2
Hi everybody -

Ok.  Now I have a couple of questions about how to use a couple of
fields on WorkEffort:
WorkEffort has a workEffortTypeId and a workEffortPurposeTypeId.

What if I wanted to set up a phone call for a project?  Should I create
a sub-type of workEffortTypeId=TASK?

What is the intended difference between TASK and ACTIVITY?  Is ACTIVITY
supposed to be reserved for workflows, whereas TASKs are just simple
tasks you create for yourself?

Thanks!

Si

Re: Dev - work effort fields conundrum

David E. Jones

On Jan 13, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi everybody -
>
> Ok.  Now I have a couple of questions about how to use a couple of
> fields on WorkEffort:
> WorkEffort has a workEffortTypeId and a workEffortPurposeTypeId.
>
> What if I wanted to set up a phone call for a project?  Should I
> create
> a sub-type of workEffortTypeId=TASK?
>
> What is the intended difference between TASK and ACTIVITY?  Is
> ACTIVITY
> supposed to be reserved for workflows, whereas TASKs are just simple
> tasks you create for yourself?
Yes, that's pretty much correct. The ACTIVITY type is for workflow
activities. I've just made some small changes to the descriptions to
make this more clear, the IDs are the same on them.