Difference between Status and Enumeration

Difference between Status and Enumeration

Cameron Smith-6
Hi, I would like to know the design philosophy between the Status and Enumeration entities.  Both permit the system to store multiple different sets of values in one table, classified by a xxxTypeId column.

What I do not understand is, why not just have one Entity? Are there some special rules or magic values that appy to data in Status and not in Enumeration, for instance?

cheers,
cameron

Re: Difference between Status and Enumeration

Status specify transitions between state and is used accordingly while Enumeration specify only simple enumerations

Jacques