Enter four names on Person.

stodorov
Hi,
I have a need to enter four names for customers(First Name, Second First Name, Last Name and Second Last Name). But in ofbiz I see only firstName, middleName and lastName.
I have a two options:
 - to extend existing data model with one new field for Second Last Name and use existing fisrtName, middleName and lastname.
 - or to use the existing fields (fisrtName - First Name, firstNameLocal - SecondFirstName, lastName - Last Name and lastNameLocal - Second Last Name).
Do you have any advice?
Can you tell me what are the purposes of firstNameLocal and lastNameLocal and where are they used?

Regards
Stanimir

Re: Enter four names on Person.

I guess it's up to you. firstNameLocal and lastNameLocal are not used specifically but they can be used automatically in widgets or
services as non PK...

An alternative to this is to use the Person-alternate model in The Data Model Resource book.

Jacques

> I have a need to enter four names for customers(First Name, Second First
> Name, Last Name and Second Last Name). But in ofbiz I see only firstName,
> middleName and lastName.
> I have a two options:
>  - to extend existing data model with one new field for Second Last Name and
> use existing fisrtName, middleName and lastname.
>  - or to use the existing fields (fisrtName - First Name, firstNameLocal -
> SecondFirstName, lastName - Last Name and lastNameLocal - Second Last Name).
> Do you have any advice?
> Can you tell me what are the purposes of firstNameLocal and lastNameLocal
> and where are they used?
>
> Regards
> Stanimir

Re: Enter four names on Person.

Scott Gray
Maybe it's an international thing that I don't understand but why not just
put both last names in the lastName field?

Scott