Extend Entity Usage

Vinay Agarwal
Hello,

I just saw in last week's summary about new enhancement to entity model
allowing extending entities. This sounds extremely valuable feature since I
have felt a need for something like this. Is there a "how to" guide or any
other documentation for this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Extend Entity Usage

David E Jones-2

Nope.

Is there anything in particular you were wondering about it? It's
really fairly simple and basic, and the existing examples and the XSD
pretty much show all of the ins and outs of it.

-David

On Aug 21, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I just saw in last week's summary about new enhancement to entity
> model
> allowing extending entities. This sounds extremely valuable feature
> since I
> have felt a need for something like this. Is there a "how to" guide
> or any
> other documentation for this? Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

RE: Extend Entity Usage

Vinay Agarwal
David,

I looked at some examples (searched for extend-entity in entitymodel.xml
files). Do I understand correctly that it can be used to extend an existing
entity (e.g. Party) by another application (say MyApp) and the result would
be similar to modifying at it's original declaration? If yes, it adds a bit
of OOP to entity model :)

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal

Is there anything in particular you were wondering about it? It's really
fairly simple and basic, and the existing examples and the XSD pretty much
show all of the ins and outs of it.

-David

On Aug 21, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I just saw in last week's summary about new enhancement to entity
> model allowing extending entities. This sounds extremely valuable
> feature since I have felt a need for something like this. Is there a
> "how to" guide or any other documentation for this? Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Extend Entity Usage

David E Jones-2

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I wouldn't say its OOP... but it is an extension mechanism.

-David