FedEx and Thermal Labels

Scott.
I've posted this message once before but didn't receive any replies so I thought I would give it another go.

Is anyone using OFBiz to ship via FedEx. If so, are you using the thermal labels on an LP2844? I'd really appreciate some input on this if possible. We need to set it up on our LAN to allow users to print FedEx labels directly to the shipping department. We have this currently working on a php product where we actually make use of a UPS Active X control but we are hoping that this is built into OFBiz somehow.

Thanks in advance.

Re: FedEx and Thermal Labels

BJ Freeman
I have not used it but have configured it.
it does not use any active x components
the code is
org.ofbiz.shipment.thirdparty.fedex;
still todo
 * TODO: FDXShipDeleteRequest/Reply (on error and via service call)
 * TODO: FDXCloseRequest/Reply
 * TODO: FDXRateRequest/Reply
 * TODO: FDXTrackRequest/Reply
 * TODO: International shipments
 * TODO: Multi-piece shipments
 * TODO: Freight shipments

this talks directly to fedex so don't need worldship.
you can print the packing image they return for your labels.

Scott. sent the following on 10/11/2007 11:48 AM:

> I've posted this message once before but didn't receive any replies so I
> thought I would give it another go.
>
> Is anyone using OFBiz to ship via FedEx. If so, are you using the thermal
> labels on an LP2844? I'd really appreciate some input on this if possible.
> We need to set it up on our LAN to allow users to print FedEx labels
> directly to the shipping department. We have this currently working on a php
> product where we actually make use of a UPS Active X control but we are
> hoping that this is built into OFBiz somehow.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: FedEx and Thermal Labels

rohit
Hi Scott,

Did you have any luck on below issue, if yes then please so share it.

I am having similar issue, and the fedex support team says if probably requires some coding to save the commands in a file which is then sent to the thermal printer.

Rohit

Scott. wrote
I've posted this message once before but didn't receive any replies so I thought I would give it another go.

Is anyone using OFBiz to ship via FedEx. If so, are you using the thermal labels on an LP2844? I'd really appreciate some input on this if possible. We need to set it up on our LAN to allow users to print FedEx labels directly to the shipping department. We have this currently working on a php product where we actually make use of a UPS Active X control but we are hoping that this is built into OFBiz somehow.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Re: FedEx and Thermal Labels

Walter Vaughan
Scott. wrote:

>No luck as yet. We've got communication with FedEx test servers and we are
>able to get a png but not for the thermal. We will probably dedicate someone
>to it in the next month and I'll be happy to share if we get a progress.

If you have a the printer attached to a windows box and you install the
driver, you can print it as a PDF.

We put some code into opentaps that allowed to print directly into an
Eltron printer last summer. It was more for proof of concept, but we got
it working enough know it could be done.

Re: FedEx and Thermal Labels

rohit
hi Scott,

i have good new for you, i was able to get it configured and working albiet with one minor glitch. The process is very simplem i did it as follows:

1)    remove the ZEBRA 2844 driver from the machine, it should not be used if u want to send raw data to the printer.
2)    add a new printer on the machine, it should be the Generic/text printer with the generic/text driver available in windows by default.
       Be sure sure that you get the port right (i am using the USB 2 port)
3)    open a new notpad file and hit the 'enter' button, then type U and hit the 'enter' button again.
4)    now go to file and click on page setup and then put '0' for all margins, ie. top, bottom, left and right. It will not work if you have anything more than that in it.
5)    now print the file through the generic printer.
6)    you should see something print from the LP 2844 printer, if it does then your printer has been setup properly.
7)    you need to modify the FedEx FDSshiprequest templete in ofbiz, use 'ELTRON' as image type instead of 'ZEBRA'. i really funny that a fortune 500 co has nerd programmer in it, thats what the a guy told me and seems to be true. The LP2844 printer supports data in EPL format, whereas if we request the data as 'ZEBRA' which seems logical from fedex doc., returns the data in 'ZPL' format which the ZEBRA LP2844 does not support and hence does nothing.
8)     now process a shipment through ofbiz, and click on the view label link, where you will see some printer commands.
9)    paste this code into a notpad (be sure you have hit the 'enter' button both at the begging and at the end of the code, this is called feed data and is required) and print it like in step 5, and you should have the label with you.

What i have not been able to do as yet is send the data, directly from the browser to the printer, if someone can help on that it will be really great.

Let me know if it works for you.

Rohit

rohit2006 wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Did you have any luck on below issue, if yes then please so share it.
>
> I am having similar issue, and the fedex support team says if probably
> requires some coding to save the commands in a file which is then sent to
> the thermal printer.
>
> Rohit
>

> Scott. wrote:
>>
>> I've posted this message once before but didn't receive any replies so I
>> thought I would give it another go.
>>
>> Is anyone using OFBiz to ship via FedEx. If so, are you using the thermal
>> labels on an LP2844? I'd really appreciate some input on this if
>> possible. We need to set it up on our LAN to allow users to print FedEx
>> labels directly to the shipping department. We have this currently
>> working on a php product where we actually make use of a UPS Active X
>> control but we are hoping that this is built into OFBiz somehow.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping