Free Shipping and Tax calculations

rohit
hi,

i wanted to check how one could extend free shipping on certain physical products. I did this by selecting "N" for the charge shipping box in the create product page. But then i ran in trouble in calculating tax and the checkout process will not work. Its because, if i select not to charge shipping, no option to select a shipping address is shown during checkout and it throws a error that no state or country code was avaliable to determine the sales tax. The checkout process gets struck at this.

Is there any other way in which i can extend free shipping to the customers. This has to be product specific. Secondly can we turn off tax calculations all together is we dont chanrge tax at all. This will probably help to avoid this error.

Thanks

rohit

Re: Free Shipping and Tax calculations

Scott Shealy
I believe Free Shipping is busted...

S.

--
Scott Shealy

GraySail LLC
Suite 203
807 Gervais Street
Columbia, SC 29201

803.227.0787 ext 6103

Re: Free Shipping and Tax calculations

rohit
yeah, i guess its kind of a bug, its works fine for quick checkout, shipping charge shown is '0', but it crashes in normal checkout, since it totally skips the step to select the mailing address, which determines the tax. i guess the step to select shipping, should be skipped only if the product type is "Digital Good".

rohit

Re: Free Shipping and Tax calculations

rohit
The exact error that i am getting is this:

'The Following Errors Occurred:

The address(es) used for tax calculation did not have State/Province or Country values set, so we cannot determine the taxes to charge. '

Rohit

Re: Free Shipping and Tax calculations

BJ Freeman
I believe setting the products to no shipping is more for downloadable
products.

No shipping is defined in the Product Store Shipment Settings
There is a column for Inc Freeshipping (Y)

No Shipping _NA_  0.00 0.00   N   N   N   N   Y

Then create a Promotion for free shipping, then a rule based on category
or productID

from the rules page
NOTE on Item ID : The Item ID on an action is a Product ID for Gift With
Purchase actions or for Free Shipping actions it is Shipment Method Type
ID to give free shipping on (if blank any Shipment Method Types may
receive free shipping)
NOTE on Party ID : The Party ID for Free Shipping actions is Carrier
Party ID to give free shipping for (if blank any Carrier Parties may
receive free shipping).

Then add the Procduct store to a promo.

however fixing the tax problem should be a if no shipping information
use the billing infomation.

rohit2006 sent the following on 7/31/2006 11:58 AM: