Free Shipping

Rick F.
Hi all -

I've set up a promo for free shipping. It doesn't work for me. any help would be appreciated. The setup is:

conditions:
The "cart total" > 75
no action categories.

actions: "free shipping"
blank quantity
blank amount
blank item
blank party

I added the promo to the web store. There is only one shipping method associated to the web store -
UPS ground - flat amount

At checkout, the shipping method shows up as the flat amount regardless of the cart total.

Thanks
Rick

Re: Free Shipping

Free shipping promo has been disabled for a while now.
http://www.nabble.com/Dev---are-free-shipping-adjustments-disabled-right-now--tf1087629.html#a2835769

BTW I wonder why we keep this promo in demo data since this topic pop up every quarter. I propose to remove it, if no complaints I
will do it soon...

Jacques

> I've set up a promo for free shipping. It doesn't work for me. any help would be appreciated. The setup is:
>
> conditions:
> The "cart total" > 75
> no action categories.
>
> actions: "free shipping"
> blank quantity
> blank amount
> blank item
> blank party
>
> I added the promo to the web store. There is only one shipping method associated to the web store -
> UPS ground - flat amount
>
> At checkout, the shipping method shows up as the flat amount regardless of the cart total.
>
> Thanks
> Rick

Re: Free Shipping

David E Jones

If by "remove" you mean comment it out, then yeah that would be good.

-David

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Free shipping promo has been disabled for a while now.
> http://www.nabble.com/Dev---are-free-shipping-adjustments-disabled-right-now--tf1087629.html#a2835769
>
> BTW I wonder why we keep this promo in demo data since this topic pop up every quarter. I propose to remove it, if no complaints I
> will do it soon...
>
> Jacques

Re: Free Shipping

Good point David,

I will comment them out, as is java  free shipping code.

Jacques

De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> If by "remove" you mean comment it out, then yeah that would be good.
>
> -David
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > Free shipping promo has been disabled for a while now.
> > http://www.nabble.com/Dev---are-free-shipping-adjustments-disabled-right-now--tf1087629.html#a2835769
> >
> > BTW I wonder why we keep this promo in demo data since this topic pop up every quarter. I propose to remove it, if no complaints

> > will do it soon...
> >
> > Jacques

Re: Free Shipping

Dave Tenerowicz
We are going to need the free shipping for an implementation we are doing.

David- in your earlier response (Feb 8, 2006) to this issue you said
"Since then most just do free shipping through the shipping rules. "

Where are these shipping rules set?
Are you suggesting the creation of a Ship Method of Free shipping with a
Flat Price of $0.00?

Thanks
-Dave

--