Fw: Re: Adding actions instead of replacing them in extended forms

Fw: Re: Adding actions instead of replacing them in extended forms

Adrian Crum-2
Forwarding this to the dev list for comment...

Re: Adding actions instead of replacing them in extended forms

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Adrian,

if we go this route, we have to check if there are existing forms
(that extend another form) that could be affected by this change.

Cheers

Jacopo

On Aug 31, 2008, at 10:44 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> Forwarding this to the dev list for comment...

Jacopo,

Right now an extended form widget will use the parent form's actions, and if the extended form has actions, those actions *replace* the parent form's actions.

I can see where that behavior might be expected or wanted, but I can also see where you would want the extended form's actions *added* to the parent form's actions.

So, I guess we need to decide what is the correct behavior with extending form widget actions.

> [...]

> <[hidden email]>

> other
> >> actions,

> >> <[hidden email]>
> >> replacing
> >> [hidden email]
> like
> >> a tag
> let

> form
> >> actions
> possible
> >> included.

> >> widget

> actions
> >> would

> instead of
> >> 2:08 AM
> >> way to
> >> defined
> defined in
> >> the

Re: Adding actions instead of replacing them in extended forms

Agreed. But if we change the behavior, before we do it we have to
verify if existing form will be affected because they were implemented
based on the old way.
This is the meaning of my last message.

Jacopo

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment