Fw: leaving ofbiz for a while

RE: PO Missing from ALL Enterred Orders

peter-230
Hi,

I'm using the SVN revision 930.

The PO is important to the order, so the despatched goods can be
'ticked-off' to understand what consignment the goods belong to. Surely, it
should be used in the Invoice as well, so it is clear the purchaser what
'order batch' the goods are associated to. And I would imagine that it is
stored on the Invoice and also used to reconcile the Billing account for
that customer.

I see the the PO as important in the transaction.

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

RE: PO Missing from ALL Enterred Orders

peter-230

NO, in the three items in the order, there are no record stored in
'correspondingPOId'.

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

RE: PO Missing from ALL Enterred Orders

cjhowe
That's likely not the correct SVN revision number.

If you open the file
ofbizhome/applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml can
you confirm if there is a <request-uri name="setPONumber"> in the file?
 With this information, we can get a ballpark estimate of how old your
checkout is.
--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using the SVN revision 930.
>
> The PO is important to the order, so the despatched goods can be
> 'ticked-off' to understand what consignment the goods belong to.
> Surely, it
> should be used in the Invoice as well, so it is clear the purchaser
> what
> 'order batch' the goods are associated to. And I would imagine that
> it is
> stored on the Invoice and also used to reconcile the Billing account
> for
> that customer.
>
> I see the the PO as important in the transaction.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

Scott Gray
Sounds like an opentaps revision number

On 12/04/07, Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's likely not the correct SVN revision number.
>
> If you open the file
> ofbizhome/applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml can
> you confirm if there is a <request-uri name="setPONumber"> in the file?
> With this information, we can get a ballpark estimate of how old your
> checkout is.
> --- [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I'm using the SVN revision 930.
> >
> > The PO is important to the order, so the despatched goods can be
> > 'ticked-off' to understand what consignment the goods belong to.
> > Surely, it
> > should be used in the Invoice as well, so it is clear the purchaser
> > what
> > 'order batch' the goods are associated to. And I would imagine that
> > it is
> > stored on the Invoice and also used to reconcile the Billing account
> > for
> > that customer.
> >
> > I see the the PO as important in the transaction.
> >

> > Thanks & Regards,
> >
> > Peter

Re: Confirmation E-Mail Corruption

Scott Gray
Hi Peter

What setting do you have for the Order Confirmation template location on
your Product Store?
You can find it here: Catalog -> Stores -> (select your store) -> Emails

Thanks
Scott

On 12/04/07, Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not sure there's been one shared, I'm not even sure whether it has
> a JIRA issue.  In my custom deployment I have the partyId: admin in a
> related role to all of the orders, so I've never looked into a
> solution.
> --- [hidden email] wrote:
>

> > Right thanks, where can I get the bug fix?
> >

> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Peter

It doesn't look like any of this has been implemented, at this stage the PO
is stored with the order and thats it.

Regards
Scott

> I'm using the SVN revision 930.
>
> The PO is important to the order, so the despatched goods can be
> 'ticked-off' to understand what consignment the goods belong to. Surely,
> it
> should be used in the Invoice as well, so it is clear the purchaser what
> 'order batch' the goods are associated to. And I would imagine that it is
> stored on the Invoice and also used to reconcile the Billing account for
> that customer.
>
> I see the the PO as important in the transaction.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

From last posts I guess you should better open an account on Jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ an then create an issue for
that

> Will this be in the next SVN?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

Still having a problem with Purchase Orders (PO) references in the Order
Manager > Order Entry process. In that when I insert the PO reference into
the approriate field in Ofbiz, it does not show up in the Order summary or
anywhere else I can see for that matter.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>

> It is not working in the Order Manager. Is this something that is
> configurable? Is there a setting that needs to be changed?
>
> So, will the PO still be recorded when an order is made through the
> eCommerce store?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

Have you updated to a more recent version of ofbiz and if so, are the po
numbers now being stored in the database?

> Still having a problem with Purchase Orders (PO) references in the Order
> Manager > Order Entry process. In that when I insert the PO reference into
> the approriate field in Ofbiz, it does not show up in the Order summary or
> anywhere else I can see for that matter.
>
> Can anyone offer any guidance on this issue?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

Hi Scott,

I have tried the running the 'svn update' and I am using the latest OpenTaps
build (930).

Should I run the something similar for OfBiz?
Would that cause an issue with OpenTaps loaded apps?

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

Have you updated to a more recent version of ofbiz and if so, are the po
numbers now being stored in the database?

> Still having a problem with Purchase Orders (PO) references in the Order
> Manager > Order Entry process. In that when I insert the PO reference into
> the approriate field in Ofbiz, it does not show up in the Order summary or
> anywhere else I can see for that matter.
>
> Can anyone offer any guidance on this issue?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

I don't know, you might have to ask on the opentaps mailing list or maybe
someone here can advise.

> Hi Scott,
>

> I have tried the running the 'svn update' and I am using the latest
> OpenTaps
> build (930).
>
> Should I run the something similar for OfBiz?
> Would that cause an issue with OpenTaps loaded apps?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

The best advice I can offer is, redouble your steps on the Management
Demo
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ordermgr/control/main

and see if you get the same results.  If your PO is stored correctly,
then it's an issue with OpenTaps and you'd probably get a faster, more
educated response there.

=== message truncated ===

RE: Confirmation E-Mail Corruption

peter-230

Thanks, I see there are no e-mails setup.

There are a couple of parameters;
'Body Screen Location'
'Attachment Screen Location (XSL-FO)'

What are these parameters used for?

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

What setting do you have for the Order Confirmation template location on
your Product Store?
You can find it here: Catalog -> Stores -> (select your store) -> Emails

Thanks
Scott

On 12/04/07, Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not sure there's been one shared, I'm not even sure whether it has
> a JIRA issue.  In my custom deployment I have the partyId: admin in a
> related role to all of the orders, so I've never looked into a
> solution.
> --- [hidden email] wrote:
>

> > Right thanks, where can I get the bug fix?
> >

> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Peter

Vamsi
XSL-FO to render emails in PDF here you have to mentions xsl for that

Re: Confirmation E-Mail Corruption

Not sure what you mean by no setup.
this is done in the products section.
however the actual work is done by the template specified in the
parameters. This has to be created by hand. you can see these in the
demo data that is loaded for the demo store.
to add more types of emails you would have to add to the entity through
the web tools or with your own data xml that you load by the install
method of ext files.

as mention in the other email
Attachment Screen Location (XSL-FO) has been recently added to create
PDF files to be attached to the mail, in stead of having it in the body.
but you can have both if you chose.
Again the file in the Attachment Screen Location (XSL-FO) is hand created.

[hidden email] sent the following on 4/16/2007 2:59 PM:

> Hi,
>

> Thanks, I see there are no e-mails setup.
>
> There are a couple of parameters;
> 'Body Screen Location'
> 'Attachment Screen Location (XSL-FO)'
>
> What are these parameters used for?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

Thanks.

What is the username & password?

=== message truncated ===

RE: PO Missing from ALL Enterred Orders

cjhowe
username demoadmin
password ofbiz

=== message truncated ===

RE: PO Missing from ALL Enterred Orders

peter-230
Hi,

I noticed that in the demo system that there are no permissions to allow me
to create a new order. So I can't try the PO function.

Can someone verify that the PO number inserted during the 'New Order'
process in the 'Order' manager, retains the PO number to completion of the
order.

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

Re: PO Missing from ALL Enterred Orders

Scott Gray
Yes, it is definitely stored.

Regards
Scott

> I noticed that in the demo system that there are no permissions to allow
> me
> to create a new order. So I can't try the PO function.
>
> Can someone verify that the PO number inserted during the 'New Order'
> process in the 'Order' manager, retains the PO number to completion of the
> order.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Peter

I sure wish it worked in mine Scott.

What is your build version are you using ('svn info')?

Mine is;

Repository Root: svn://svn.opentaps.org/crmsfa

Repository UUID: 02dddb34-1510-0410-a080-e4dbb730724e

Revision: 607

Node Kind: directory

Schedule: normal

Last Changed Author: si

Last Changed Rev: 604

Last Changed Date: 2007-04-17 18:28:26 +0100 (Tue, 17 Apr 2007)

Been finding it very difficult to get support from OpenTaps. SO NOW I don't
know if I should be applying both OpenTaps and Ofbiz or SVN's and any
implications (such as compatibility) and not sure if I do need Ofbiz SVN
updates as well as OpenTaps SVN updates, don't know where to get Ofbiz SVN
updates from or how to set it up.

It sure is driving me up the wall.

Thanks & Regards,

Peter