[GRADLE] "CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long"

[GRADLE] "CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long"

I stumbled upon that this mrening. I tried all (reboot, clean, "Gradle --stop", etc.) only https://github.com/viswaramamoorthy/gradle-util-plugins worked

It seems I'll (we will) need it now due to recent changes in build.gradle. I'll wait to confirm before creating a Jira and committing...

Re: [GRADLE] "CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long"

Mathieu Lirzin
Hello Jacques,

Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> writes:

> I stumbled upon that this mrening. I tried all (reboot, clean, "Gradle
> --stop", etc.) only
> https://github.com/viswaramamoorthy/gradle-util-plugins worked

you mean that Gradle refuses to start?

> It seems I'll (we will) need it now due to recent changes in
> build.gradle. I'll wait to confirm before creating a Jira and
> committing...

It might be related to the recent move of resources out of
“/src/main/java/” to the standard “/src/main/resources/”.

I think it keeping this separation is important, so adding this
‘gradle-util-plugins’ fixing this Windows specific issue might be a
better solution IMO.

Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37

Le 24/08/2019 à 14:03, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
> you mean that Gradle refuses to start?
Yep, I agree about adding the thin plugin; let's wait a bit if there are other opinions...

Re: [GRADLE] "CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long"

> Le 24/08/2019 à 14:03, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
>> you mean that Gradle refuses to start?
> Yep, I agree about adding the thin plugin; let's wait a bit if there are other opinions...
>
> Jacques

The classpath is now very long indeed: 80 Kb

I apply the plugin, I see no better ways for Windows (max 32 Kb)

Done with OFBIZ-11173

Jacques