Getting WebDav access to ecommerce application

Getting WebDav access to ecommerce application

David Goodenough
I have a designer who is working on things like the ecommerce css and image
files, and wants to have WebDAV access enabled.  Does anyone have a quick
guide to setting this up.  Tomcat has a WebDAV servlet built in, but I am
not quite sure how best to set it up.

David

Re: Getting WebDav access to ecommerce application

BJ Freeman
the way ofbiz is layed out for the css you could not use webdav effectively.
I suggest you let them work on a local copy of ofbiz with demo data
the other is to use a remote admin like webmin and give them access to
the folders the css are in.

David Goodenough sent the following on 9/25/2007 2:26 AM:
> I have a designer who is working on things like the ecommerce css and image
> files, and wants to have WebDAV access enabled.  Does anyone have a quick
> guide to setting this up.  Tomcat has a WebDAV servlet built in, but I am
> not quite sure how best to set it up.
>
> David

Re: Getting WebDav access to ecommerce application

David E Jones

BJ, what do you mean by "the way ofbiz is layed out for the css you could not use webdav effectively"?

I guess I'm not seeing the issue you are... ?

-David

On Tuesday 25 September 2007, David E Jones wrote:

> BJ, what do you mean by "the way ofbiz is layed out for the css you could
> not use webdav effectively"?
>
> I guess I'm not seeing the issue you are... ?
>
> -David
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
> > the way ofbiz is layed out for the css you could not use webdav
> > effectively. I suggest you let them work on a local copy of ofbiz with
> > demo data the other is to use a remote admin like webmin and give them
> > access to the folders the css are in.
> >
> > David Goodenough sent the following on 9/25/2007 2:26 AM:
> >> I have a designer who is working on things like the ecommerce css and
> >> image files, and wants to have WebDAV access enabled.  Does anyone have
> >> a quick guide to setting this up.  Tomcat has a WebDAV servlet built in,
> >> but I am not quite sure how best to set it up.
> >>
> >> David

Well first I have achieved partial webdav access, which I think will be enough
to get going, but more would be nice.

The first thing I did was to get a copy of servlet-webdav.jar from another
tomcat instance, and I put it in with catalina.jar.  Then I added the servlet
spec to the ecommerce web.xml.  I pointed it to the root ecommerce directory
and now I have access to everything under applications/ecommerce/webapp
directory.  It would be nice to have access to the whole of the ofbiz
directory, but I am not quite sure how to configure that.

David