GlAccount question

Iain Fogg
I'd like to be able to separate my GST (Sales Tax) accounting entries
according to whether it is a sales order or purchase order.

Can someone knowledgeable in the ways of the accounting/financials
modules help me out with the required configuration? At the moment with
the out-of-the-box config, tax on purchases is debited to account 223100
(I think), and tax on sales is credited to the same account. This is
good, but it means that when I process a refund, I have to look at the
transactional level to differentiate this debit from the purchase order
debits.

Cheers, Iain