Gradle Buildship

I don't know if anyone is using Gradle Buildship plugin in Eclipse (it seems it does not add much)

I just retried it after an update and I find (much) annoying you can't tell it to not import subprojects.

I think I will simply discard it, ideas?

Re: Gradle Buildship

taher
Hi Jacques,

It works on my computer. I don't use it much because I prefer the command
line (and sometimes occasional ./gradlew --gui). However it doesn't seem to
be intrusive. It also comes in handy when I'm in the TDD mode as I don't
like to switch away from the same screen and just keep running the unit
tests from the same edit screen.

But yeah I agree it's nothing to "wow" about it.

Taher Alkhateeb

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anyone is using Gradle Buildship plugin in Eclipse (it
> seems it does not add much)
>
> I just retried it after an update and I find (much) annoying you can't
> tell it to not import subprojects.
>
> I think I will simply discard it, ideas?

Re: Gradle Buildship

I'll consider the TDD aspect, thanks!

Jacques

Le 30/07/2016 à 13:39, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>
> It works on my computer. I don't use it much because I prefer the command
> line (and sometimes occasional ./gradlew --gui). However it doesn't seem to
> be intrusive. It also comes in handy when I'm in the TDD mode as I don't
> like to switch away from the same screen and just keep running the unit
> tests from the same edit screen.
>
> But yeah I agree it's nothing to "wow" about it.
>
> Taher Alkhateeb
>
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if anyone is using Gradle Buildship plugin in Eclipse (it
>> seems it does not add much)
>>
>> I just retried it after an update and I find (much) annoying you can't
>> tell it to not import subprojects.
>>
>> I think I will simply discard it, ideas?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Gradle Buildship

Ha forgot, how do you handle all the automatically subprojects created? I use mostly the Navigator view as main tree

> I'll consider the TDD aspect, thanks!
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 30/07/2016 à 13:39, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>> Hi Jacques,
>>
>> It works on my computer. I don't use it much because I prefer the command
>> line (and sometimes occasional ./gradlew --gui). However it doesn't seem to
>> be intrusive. It also comes in handy when I'm in the TDD mode as I don't
>> like to switch away from the same screen and just keep running the unit
>> tests from the same edit screen.
>>
>> But yeah I agree it's nothing to "wow" about it.
>>
>> Taher Alkhateeb
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't know if anyone is using Gradle Buildship plugin in Eclipse (it
>>> seems it does not add much)
>>>
>>> I just retried it after an update and I find (much) annoying you can't
>>> tell it to not import subprojects.
>>>
>>> I think I will simply discard it, ideas?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Gradle Buildship

taher
Actually I have a very low tech way :) I just delete them

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ha forgot, how do you handle all the automatically subprojects created? I
> use mostly the Navigator view as main tree
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 30/07/2016 à 13:56, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>
>> I'll consider the TDD aspect, thanks!
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 30/07/2016 à 13:39, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Jacques,
>>>
>>> It works on my computer. I don't use it much because I prefer the command
>>> line (and sometimes occasional ./gradlew --gui). However it doesn't seem
>>> be intrusive. It also comes in handy when I'm in the TDD mode as I don't
>>> like to switch away from the same screen and just keep running the unit
>>> tests from the same edit screen.
>>>
>>> But yeah I agree it's nothing to "wow" about it.
>>>
>>> Taher Alkhateeb
>>>
>>> On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

Re: Gradle Buildship

Same here :D