Help need in running a standard web app in OFBiz plugins directory

Help need in running a standard web app in OFBiz plugins directory

IvanD
Hello,

I have read the documentation available on running a standard web application in the OFBiz plugins directory, but nothing seems to run for me.  They run just fine on standalone tomcat.  Can someone please steer me in the right direction on what I need to do or what I am doing wrong?  Thank you in advance.

Ivan

Re: Help need in running a standard web app in OFBiz plugins directory

Vy Do
Your idea about running a standard Java web-application inside OFBiz is a
worse practice. You must follow OFBiz plugin structure and convention.

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 4:54 AM Ivan Drinks Sr <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have read the documentation available on running a standard web
> application in the OFBiz plugins directory, but nothing seems to run for
> me.  They run just fine on standalone tomcat.  Can someone please steer me
> in the right direction on what I need to do or what I am doing wrong?
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Ivan

Re: Help need in running a standard web app in OFBiz plugins directory

IvanD
Thanks for responding, but I don't understand.  I am following the OFBiz plugin structure and convention.  Why is this a worse practice?  I thought this is the way you run standard apps under OFBiz.  Please explain.

Thanks

Ivan

________________________________

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have read the documentation available on running a standard web
> application in the OFBiz plugins directory, but nothing seems to run for
> me.  They run just fine on standalone tomcat.  Can someone please steer me
> in the right direction on what I need to do or what I am doing wrong?
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Ivan

Re: Help need in running a standard web app in OFBiz plugins directory

Hi Yvan,

As Vy Do said you can't run "a standard web application in the OFBiz plugins directory". To which documentation are you referring to?

Jacques

Le 10/05/2021 à 14:03, Ivan Drinks Sr a écrit :

> Thanks for responding, but I don't understand.  I am following the OFBiz plugin structure and convention.  Why is this a worse practice?  I thought this is the way you run standard apps under OFBiz.  Please explain.
>

> Thanks
>

> Ivan
>

> ________________________________

Hi Jacques,

You sent me the following link on 4/30/2021 which says a standard web app can be ran in OFBiz plugins directory.

This said your question has already been answered at https://url.emailprotection.link/?bNByJLfEGHUYKVL-ux4l9hD7dMErpdQIHdR59fIB9JZozOIjoN-Y6_qnLR0TLttmWgpOmb9hhrA3GQHZGo6OgTCuK5O5n7aYHUxQvKrQUFs4L66JdrhnqWGts-WtDmJJK

I'm confused?

Ivan

________________________________
As Vy Do said you can't run "a standard web application in the OFBiz plugins directory". To which documentation are you referring to?

Jacques

Le 10/05/2021 à 14:03, Ivan Drinks Sr a écrit :

> Thanks for responding, but I don't understand.  I am following the OFBiz plugin structure and convention.  Why is this a worse practice?  I thought this is the way you run standard apps under OFBiz.  Please explain.
>

> Thanks
>

> Ivan
>

> ________________________________

Sorry indeed, you mean that you followed Scott's suggestion at https://s.apache.org/zel6x and so created a web.xml file where you put a reference to
your servlets/filters which are on the classpath and it did not work, right?

Jacques

Le 13/05/2021 à 00:31, Ivan Drinks Sr a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>

> You sent me the following link on 4/30/2021 which says a standard web app can be ran in OFBiz plugins directory.
>

> This said your question has already been answered at https://url.emailprotection.link/?bNByJLfEGHUYKVL-ux4l9hD7dMErpdQIHdR59fIB9JZozOIjoN-Y6_qnLR0TLttmWgpOmb9hhrA3GQHZGo6OgTCuK5O5n7aYHUxQvKrQUFs4L66JdrhnqWGts-WtDmJJK
>

> I'm confused?
>
> Ivan
>
> ________________________________

BTW, if it does not work for you maybe you can try to apply James's patch and see if it works...

> Hi Yvan,
>
> Sorry indeed, you mean that you followed Scott's suggestion at https://s.apache.org/zel6x and so created a web.xml file where you put a reference to
> your servlets/filters which are on the classpath and it did not work, right?
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 13/05/2021 à 00:31, Ivan Drinks Sr a écrit :
>> Hi Jacques,
>>

>> You sent me the following link on 4/30/2021 which says a standard web app can be ran in OFBiz plugins directory.
>>

>> This said your question has already been answered at
>> https://url.emailprotection.link/?bNByJLfEGHUYKVL-ux4l9hD7dMErpdQIHdR59fIB9JZozOIjoN-Y6_qnLR0TLttmWgpOmb9hhrA3GQHZGo6OgTCuK5O5n7aYHUxQvKrQUFs4L66JdrhnqWGts-WtDmJJK
>>

>> I'm confused?
>>
>> Ivan
>>
>> ________________________________

Yes, that is correct.  I was wondering if there was something else I needed to do?  Or if you could direct me where to look?

Thanks

Warm regards,
Ivan Sr

> On May 13, 2021, at 12:04 AM, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Yvan,
>
> Sorry indeed, you mean that you followed Scott's suggestion at https://url.emailprotection.link/?bnrGeBLPLZvdEOlmvuLWGfgw3s31srYhWaFwsDX4Sutd0ubsW9p2XMV6i8Mdqu9RX5haRx8oZ_pSnFdiIoibQLC7s0C4-hIw1JC0fssb8I1XC_0zsQZ0tlzPmAOkQwTml and so created a web.xml file where you put a reference to your servlets/filters which are on the classpath and it did not work, right?
>
> Jacques
>
>> Le 13/05/2021 à 00:31, Ivan Drinks Sr a écrit :
>> Hi Jacques,
>>

>> You sent me the following link on 4/30/2021 which says a standard web app can be ran in OFBiz plugins directory.
>>

>> This said your question has already been answered at https://url.emailprotection.link/?bNByJLfEGHUYKVL-ux4l9hD7dMErpdQIHdR59fIB9JZozOIjoN-Y6_qnLR0TLttmWgpOmb9hhrA3GQHZGo6OgTCuK5O5n7aYHUxQvKrQUFs4L66JdrhnqWGts-WtDmJJK
>>

>> I'm confused?
>>
>> Ivan
>>
>> ________________________________

Ivan,

As I proposed in my last email:

    <<BTW, if it does not work for you maybe you can try to apply James's patch and see if it works... >>

HTH

Jacques

Le 13/05/2021 à 12:59, Ivan Drinks Sr a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>
> Yes, that is correct.  I was wondering if there was something else I needed to do?  Or if you could direct me where to look?
>
> Thanks
>

> Warm regards,
> Ivan Sr
>
>> On May 13, 2021, at 12:04 AM, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Yvan,
>>
>> Sorry indeed, you mean that you followed Scott's suggestion at https://url.emailprotection.link/?bnrGeBLPLZvdEOlmvuLWGfgw3s31srYhWaFwsDX4Sutd0ubsW9p2XMV6i8Mdqu9RX5haRx8oZ_pSnFdiIoibQLC7s0C4-hIw1JC0fssb8I1XC_0zsQZ0tlzPmAOkQwTml and so created a web.xml file where you put a reference to your servlets/filters which are on the classpath and it did not work, right?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>>> Le 13/05/2021 à 00:31, Ivan Drinks Sr a écrit :
>>> Hi Jacques,
>>>

>>> You sent me the following link on 4/30/2021 which says a standard web app can be ran in OFBiz plugins directory.
>>>

>>> This said your question has already been answered at https://url.emailprotection.link/?bNByJLfEGHUYKVL-ux4l9hD7dMErpdQIHdR59fIB9JZozOIjoN-Y6_qnLR0TLttmWgpOmb9hhrA3GQHZGo6OgTCuK5O5n7aYHUxQvKrQUFs4L66JdrhnqWGts-WtDmJJK
>>>

>>> I'm confused?
>>>
>>> Ivan

Yvan,

Actually you need to put your/a web.xml file as it's done for other webapps, I mean in the same location. You may look at the content of the other
web.xml files in OFBiz to see if your web.xml file fits...

If that does not help, I may review the code and answer to you last question below