How best to handle transactions

John Martin
My understanding is that the service handler will automatically create
a transaction and commit/rollback at the end of the process based on
the response of the service method (success/error).

I'm working on a service that updates multiple tables.  I would like
to update certain tables and commit the changes regardless of the
success of the service call.

Is there any document specifying how to control transactions in a
service call?  I've searched but unable to find anything.

Thanks,

John

Re: How best to handle transactions

David E Jones-2

Have you looked at the Service Engine Guide?

It sounds like what you need for this is a separate service that
updates this sub-set of data and in the service definition use
require-new-transaction=true. There is some info on that in the
Service Engine Guide, and there is also good coverage of how to do
this in the Advanced Framework Training stuff from Undersun.

-David