How can we show the dynamic catalog and categories on POS?

How can we show the dynamic catalog and categories on POS?

Peter Marvell
Hi Everyone,

Am working on POS, I want to show product dyanamically on POS terminal from
database instead of hard coded them (i.e. in the similar way that are show
in ecommerce ). Is it feasible ? How can I do this, Is there any doc
available for POS control flow.

One more question is that, Can I also use content management system on POS
side? Suppose I am changing some data on MCS side, How It would be sync on
POS  side ? Is it OOTB or not.

Thanks in advance.

Peter M.

Re: How can we show the dynamic catalog and categories on POS?

From: "Peter Marvell" <[hidden email]>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Am working on POS, I want to show product dyanamically on POS terminal from
> database instead of hard coded them (i.e. in the similar way that are show
> in ecommerce ). Is it feasible ? How can I do this, Is there any doc
> available for POS control flow.

When I 1st used the POS I wondered also about that. I then asked Andrew Zenesky, who wrote the POS, and he told me that, as is, the
UI was only intended as a demo. Also the POS was mostly wrote for a large retailler. The idea behind it is that much of the time
there will be too much products to be shown on screen and actually a bar code scanner is used. I believe we could use categories to
organize the screen, but so far nobody contributed on this side.

> One more question is that, Can I also use content management system on POS
> side?

OOTB I don't think so. Of course it's open source and you can certainly write something for that...

>Suppose I am changing some data on MCS side, How It would be sync on
> POS  side ? Is it OOTB or not.

Yes this part is ok from the start :  http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/POS+System#POSSystem-Systemoptions look for the
Synchronise link

Jacques