How to Charge Credit Card At the time of Shipping the product

How to Charge Credit Card At the time of Shipping the product

Ajay @ Pal InfoCom
Hello Friends,

I need your help in regard of processing the order payment. Is it possible
that when a user places a web order, then only the credit card information
which is provided by the web client is validated and at the time of
actually shipping the product, we charge for it??

I know how to configure a payment gateway (by modifying payment.property
file). Is that sufficient? If not, then how to configure / made changes in
OFBiz to achieve the goal?

Thanks and regards,

Ajay Sodhi

Re: How to Charge Credit Card At the time of Shipping the product

From: "Ajay @ Pal InfoCom" <[hidden email]>
> Hello Friends,
>
> I need your help in regard of processing the order payment. Is it possible
> that when a user places a web order, then only the credit card information
> which is provided by the web client is validated and at the time of
> actually shipping the product, we charge for it??

Yes, this is standard procedure.
At the time the client pass the order, you authorize his/her card to be used (check all is allright and create an entry at the
payment provider).
When you send the shipment you take the money from his/her previously authorized card asking the payment provider to do so. This is
called Capture in jargon

> I know how to configure a payment gateway (by modifying payment.property
> file). Is that sufficient? If not, then how to configure / made changes in
> OFBiz to achieve the goal?

You may have to adapt from the elemtns your payments provider give you...

The "root" is here
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductStorePaySetup?productStoreId=9000
From there you should be able to do it (looking at existing code, etc.)

Jacques

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Ajay Sodhi

Re: How to Charge Credit Card At the time of Shipping the product

BJ Freeman
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-storePaymentSettings
you need to change the services on the page Jacques mentioned.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/28/2008 4:53 AM: