How to Configure Ofbiz SSL

Schumann
Dear Gurus,

Can anyone be so kind to show me how to configure ofbiz ssl for a test deployment (on a given domain)?
I'd been struggling on this topic for days but still without any clue.

What I have done is as follows:
1.      I try the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
   But it ask us to submit the CSR to a third CA authority like VeriSign.
   I would like to test it only so if possible I would go for a free CA service first.
   Then with www.sslforfree.com<http://www.sslforfree.com> I could download the following 3 files:
1.1     ca_bundle.crt
1.2     certificate.crt
1.3     private.key
   What should I do then?
2.      Another option is with keytool function I would like to create a self-signed CA.
   But it still failed and I guessed I didn't do it in the right way.

Pls help!!!

Best Regards
Schumann

Re: How to Configure Ofbiz SSL

Short answer: preferably look at letsencrypt for a free certificate (must be renewed every 3 months but there are tools for that)

For instance for the trunk demo we use

   ## SSL directives
   SSLEngine on
   SSLCertificateFile "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/cert.pem"
   SSLCertificateKeyFile "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/privkey.pem"
   SSLCertificateChainFile "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/chain.pem"
   SSLCACertificatePath    "/etc/ssl/certs"

   ## Custom fragment
   ProxyRequests Off
   ProxyPreserveHost On
   # do not proxy letsencrypt cert renewal requests
   ProxyPass /.well-known !
   ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/

I let you figure the rest out

We should really update the Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

HTH

Jacques

Le 21/03/2018 à 12:09, Schumann Ye a écrit :

> Dear Gurus,
>
> Can anyone be so kind to show me how to configure ofbiz ssl for a test deployment (on a given domain)?
> I'd been struggling on this topic for days but still without any clue.
>
> What I have done is as follows:
> 1.      I try the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
>     But it ask us to submit the CSR to a third CA authority like VeriSign.
>     I would like to test it only so if possible I would go for a free CA service first.
>     Then with www.sslforfree.com<http://www.sslforfree.com> I could download the following 3 files:
> 1.1     ca_bundle.crt
> 1.2     certificate.crt
> 1.3     private.key
>     What should I do then?
> 2.      Another option is with keytool function I would like to create a self-signed CA.
>     But it still failed and I guessed I didn't do it in the right way.
>
> Pls help!!!
>
> Best Regards
> Schumann

AW: How to Configure Ofbiz SSL

Schumann
Dear Jacques,

Thanks for your guide, though I still haven't figured it out.
I will try it myself first until I could not.
Thanks and have a nice day!

B.R.
Schumann
+86-1800-150-1800

Short answer: preferably look at letsencrypt for a free certificate (must be renewed every 3 months but there are tools for that)

For instance for the trunk demo we use

  ## SSL directives
  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/cert.pem"
  SSLCertificateKeyFile "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/privkey.pem"
  SSLCertificateChainFile "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/chain.pem"
  SSLCACertificatePath    "/etc/ssl/certs"

  ## Custom fragment
  ProxyRequests Off
  ProxyPreserveHost On
  # do not proxy letsencrypt cert renewal requests
  ProxyPass /.well-known !
  ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/

I let you figure the rest out

We should really update the Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

HTH

Jacques

Le 21/03/2018 à 12:09, Schumann Ye a écrit :

> Dear Gurus,
>
> Can anyone be so kind to show me how to configure ofbiz ssl for a test deployment (on a given domain)?
> I'd been struggling on this topic for days but still without any clue.
>
> What I have done is as follows:
> 1. I try the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
> But it ask us to submit the CSR to a third CA authority like VeriSign.
> I would like to test it only so if possible I would go for a free CA service first.
> Then with www.sslforfree.com I could download the following 3 files:
> 1.1 ca_bundle.crt
> 1.2 certificate.crt
> 1.3 private.key
> What should I do then?
> 2. Another option is with keytool function I would like to create a self-signed CA.
> But it still failed and I guessed I didn't do it in the right way.
>
> Pls help!!!
>
> Best Regards
> Schumann

Re: How to Configure Ofbiz SSL

dimonic
Jacques Le Roux wrote

> Short answer: preferably look at letsencrypt for a free certificate (must
> be renewed every 3 months but there are tools for that)
>
> For instance for the trunk demo we use
>
>    ## SSL directives
>    SSLEngine on
>    SSLCertificateFile
> "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/cert.pem"
>    SSLCertificateKeyFile
> "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/privkey.pem"
>    SSLCertificateChainFile
> "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/chain.pem"
>    SSLCACertificatePath    "/etc/ssl/certs"
>
>    ## Custom fragment
>    ProxyRequests Off
>    ProxyPreserveHost On
>    # do not proxy letsencrypt cert renewal requests
>    ProxyPass /.well-known !
>    ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
>
> I let you figure the rest out
>
> We should really update the Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

This looks like you expect us to proxy the ofbiz server - am I correct?
There is also a lack of documentation on how to achieve this. I am setting
this up myself, and documenting as I go (because the available docs are
fragmented, out of date and incomplete). I would be happy to submit working
setup documentation for your consideration (once I can get SSL configured)?

The setup I am documenting is debian based, and includes exactly how one has
to setup Java 8 (which is not in mainline repos), how to configure for
mariadb, leave out the demo data (but have the admin login available),
launch (and stop) the server using systemd, how to replace the certs for
working SSL (presumably with apache2 reverse proxy).

Sent from: http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBiz-User-f135036.html

You referred to https://markmail.org/message/3uf5axg2xzvlxuh5 which is a thread about  "a test deployment (on a given domain)", so yes!

> There is also a lack of documentation on how to achieve this. I am setting
> this up myself, and documenting as I go (because the available docs are
> fragmented, out of date and incomplete). I would be happy to submit working
> setup documentation for your consideration (once I can get SSL configured)?
>
> The setup I am documenting is debian based, and includes exactly how one has
> to setup Java 8 (which is not in mainline repos), how to configure for
> mariadb, leave out the demo data (but have the admin login available),
> launch (and stop) the server using systemd, how to replace the certs for
> working SSL (presumably with apache2 reverse proxy).

How (with which tools) do you intend to document that?
We now preferably use AsciiDoc and the documentation is generated at
https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/site/trunk/

This is not yet official, but it's the more up to date way.
You can find more info into documentation_guidelines.adoc in docs\asciidoc (not generated yet, I just spotted, but you can read it as simple text anyway)

You even have a CONTRIBUTING.adoc file in your local copy. Just linking for now to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Contribution+and+Development
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Wiki+access>

Be prepared, OFBiz is a wild beast :)

HTH

> Sent from:http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBiz-User-f135036.html

Re: How to Configure Ofbiz SSL

dimonic
Yes, I did stumble upon that documentation eventually. It seems (as usual)
that google is a better way to search than a site's own index/search. I
think the main problem I encountered (re: docs) is that there appear to be
3 sets of documentation out there, with things pertaining to different
aspects being best served in different places.

Ultimately I did figure out everything about the install (Java 8 on debian
10, mariadb, SSL with Lets Encrypt, Apache proxying, direct serving static
content). However a bug in OFBiz itself is preventing me from actually
using it for accounting. It is impossible to enter postal addresses in a
clean install of 17.12.04, due to pull down for province/state not working.
I need a work-around for this. The state date is being imported from the
XML, it is in the database. Is there a specific release where this does
work?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 at 08:39, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Le 25/10/2020 à 14:36, dimonic a écrit :
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote
>
> Short answer: preferably look at letsencrypt for a free certificate (must
> be renewed every 3 months but there are tools for that)
>
> For instance for the trunk demo we use
>
>    ## SSL directives
>    SSLEngine on
>    SSLCertificateFile
> "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/cert.pem"
>    SSLCertificateKeyFile
> "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/privkey.pem"
>    SSLCertificateChainFile
> "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ofbiz-vm2.apache.org/chain.pem"
>    SSLCACertificatePath    "/etc/ssl/certs"
>
>    ## Custom fragment
>    ProxyRequests Off
>    ProxyPreserveHost On
>    # do not proxy letsencrypt cert renewal requests
>    ProxyPass /.well-known !
>    ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
>
> I let you figure the rest out
>
> We should really update the Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
>
> This looks like you expect us to proxy the ofbiz server - am I correct?
>
> You referred to https://markmail.org/message/3uf5axg2xzvlxuh5 which is a
> thread about  "a test deployment (on a given domain)", so yes!
>

> There is also a lack of documentation on how to achieve this. I am setting
> this up myself, and documenting as I go (because the available docs are
> fragmented, out of date and incomplete). I would be happy to submit working
> setup documentation for your consideration (once I can get SSL configured)?
>
> The setup I am documenting is debian based, and includes exactly how one has
> to setup Java 8 (which is not in mainline repos), how to configure for
> mariadb, leave out the demo data (but have the admin login available),
> launch (and stop) the server using systemd, how to replace the certs for
> working SSL (presumably with apache2 reverse proxy).
>
> How (with which tools) do you intend to document that?
> We now preferably use AsciiDoc and the documentation is generated at
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/site/trunk/
>
> This is not yet official, but it's the more up to date way.
> You can find more info into documentation_guidelines.adoc in docs\asciidoc
> (not generated yet, I just spotted, but you can read it as simple text
> anyway)
>
> You even have a CONTRIBUTING.adoc file in your local copy. Just linking
> for now to
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Contribution+and+Development
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Wiki+access>
>
> Be prepared, OFBiz is a wild beast :)
>
> HTH

> Sent from: http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBiz-User-f135036.html

--

Dominic Amann

M 416-270-4587

Re: How to Configure Ofbiz SSL

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Dominic,

welcome to the OFBiz community!

If you think there is a bug, please file a Jira issue in our bug
tracking system, describing the exact steps and possibly provide
screenshots to be able to validate the problem.

Thanks,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

alanstatener