How to configure entity sync via rmi

Anne Jessel

Re: How to configure entity sync via rmi

http://web.archive.org/web/20070811060319/http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/

But the search option does not work anymore of course. Through FAQ pages or menu pages at left you may find what you need though.

RMI is known to be tougher to set for entities-sync...

Jacques

From: "Anne" <[hidden email]>

> Hi
>
> I am slowly learning my way around ofbiz, and am trying to work out how
> to sync entities between two servers via rmi. I've got syncing via http
> working fine, but rmi is proving more difficult.
>
> I've searched for documentation, but everything I find refers me to the
> wiki on ofbizwiki.go-integral.com, which doesn't seem to exist any xmore.
>
> Is there another place where I can find the relevant documentation? I am
> sure the problems I am having are simple misconfiguration issues due to
> my lack of understanding.
>
> Cheers,
> Anne.
>

> - --
> Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
> PO Box 2773
> Cheltenham Vic 3192
> Phone: (03) 9585 6788
> Fax: (03) 9585 1086
> Web: http://www.cohsoft.com.au/
> Email: [hidden email]

Re: How to configure entity sync via rmi

Vince Clark
For entity sync to work via RMI remember to set the RMIIF environment variable in the startup script. (startofbiz.sh/.bat)

From: "Anne" <[hidden email]>

> Hi
>
> I am slowly learning my way around ofbiz, and am trying to work out how
> to sync entities between two servers via rmi. I've got syncing via http
> working fine, but rmi is proving more difficult.
>
> I've searched for documentation, but everything I find refers me to the
> wiki on ofbizwiki.go-integral.com, which doesn't seem to exist any xmore.
>
> Is there another place where I can find the relevant documentation? I am
> sure the problems I am having are simple misconfiguration issues due to
> my lack of understanding.
>
> Cheers,
> Anne.
>

> - --
> Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
> PO Box 2773
> Cheltenham Vic 3192
> Phone: (03) 9585 6788
> Fax: (03) 9585 1086
> Web: http://www.cohsoft.com.au/
> Email: [hidden email]

Re: How to configure entity sync via rmi

Anne Jessel

Thank you. I think I have it working now. There are a few minor problems
which I think are related to my current test setup. It'll be a few weeks
before I can test properly. If it works then, I'll write up how I got it
working so others can learn an easier way.

If it doesn't work, I'll either give up and use http or start bothering
people here with the error messages. ;-)

A tip for people who use NoScript and who visit archive.org - turn on
scripting! Most sites it is obvious when you need to do this, but on
archive.org everything looks fine, but the links go to the wrong places.

Cheers,
Anne.

Vince M. Clark wrote:

> For entity sync to work via RMI remember to set the RMIIF environment variable in the startup script. (startofbiz.sh/.bat)

- --