How to define shortcut keys for POS?

Imre András Róbert
Hi,

I'd like to define shortcut keys for product buttons.
For example, pressing Alt+G would act as pressing the
button GIZMO 1. This would enhance usability.

Doc comments in Keyboard.java tell me that key to code
mapping is in jpos.xml, and code to button mapping is
in buttonevents.xml.

numeric.xml tells me widget id (numOne) and widget text (1)

buttonevents.xml tells me widget id (numOne) and handler (triggerOne
method of org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents)

I still dont see the code to button mapping as the doc comment
indicates in Keyboard.java.

Q1/ It seems to me that jpos.xml contains only additional
key to code bindings. Where are the other codes? E.g.
what happens when I press '1'?

Q2/ I dont see any codes in buttonevents.xml. Where is
the code to button mapping?

Q3/ Is there a dtd/schema available for these XUI cfg
files? (Would help to assess the capability of these
configs instead of making guesses based on gathered
cfg files)

Thanks,
  András

Re: How to define shortcut keys for POS?

Andrew Sykes
Andras,

Look at the mapping for the Enter key.

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

ReHow to define shortcut keys for POS?

Imre András Róbert
Ok, I got it, I see Enter is defined with code 500.

Now how can I define a code for Alt+G?

And how can I get the 'default' codes which are not
specified in jpos.xml? E.g. what happens when I press '1'
for which there is no code in jpos.xml?

Thanks,
  András

Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:33:33 AM, you wrote:

> Andras,

> Look at the mapping for the Enter key.

> - Andrew

> On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 01:39 +0100, Imre András Róbert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to define shortcut keys for product buttons.
>> For example, pressing Alt+G would act as pressing the
>> button GIZMO 1. This would enhance usability.
>>
>> Doc comments in Keyboard.java tell me that key to code
>> mapping is in jpos.xml, and code to button mapping is
>> in buttonevents.xml.
>>
>> numeric.xml tells me widget id (numOne) and widget text (1)
>>
>> buttonevents.xml tells me widget id (numOne) and handler (triggerOne
>> method of org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents)
>>
>> I still dont see the code to button mapping as the doc comment
>> indicates in Keyboard.java.
>>
>> Q1/ It seems to me that jpos.xml contains only additional
>> key to code bindings. Where are the other codes? E.g.
>> what happens when I press '1'?
>>
>> Q2/ I dont see any codes in buttonevents.xml. Where is
>> the code to button mapping?
>>
>> Q3/ Is there a dtd/schema available for these XUI cfg
>> files? (Would help to assess the capability of these
>> configs instead of making guesses based on gathered
>> cfg files)
>>

>> Thanks,
>>   András

Re: ReHow to define shortcut keys for POS?

Andrew Sykes
Andras,

Ok, so for a new shortcut...
jpos.xml
<prop name="key.VK_F1+SHIFT" type="String" value="297"/>

buttonevents.xml
<button-events>
<!-- numeric button events -->
<event button-name="numOne" class-
name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
disable-lock="true"/>
<event button-name="numOne" key-code="297" class-
name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
disable-lock="true"/>

So now pressing SHIFT+F1 triggers the triggerOne method.

- Andrew

value attribute, I think is an arbitrary integer, perhaps someone else
can confirm

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: ReHow to define shortcut keys for POS?

Andras, Andrew,

Yes, AFAIK value attribute is an arbitrary integer that you deal with after (see 500  for Enter, and 501  for Esc,  in POS).

Jacques

> Andras,
>
> Ok, so for a new shortcut...
> jpos.xml
> <prop name="key.VK_F1+SHIFT" type="String" value="297"/>
>
> buttonevents.xml
> <button-events>
> <!-- numeric button events -->
> <event button-name="numOne" class-
> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
> disable-lock="true"/>
> <event button-name="numOne" key-code="297" class-
> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
> disable-lock="true"/>
>
> So now pressing SHIFT+F1 triggers the triggerOne method.
>
> - Andrew
>

> value attribute, I think is an arbitrary integer, perhaps someone else
> can confirm
>

> On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 16:16 +0100, Imre András Róbert wrote:
> > Ok, I got it, I see Enter is defined with code 500.
> >
> > Now how can I define a code for Alt+G?
> >
> > And how can I get the 'default' codes which are not
> > specified in jpos.xml? E.g. what happens when I press '1'
> > for which there is no code in jpos.xml?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >   András
> >

> > Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:33:33 AM, you wrote:
> >
> > > Andras,
> >
> > > Look at the mapping for the Enter key.
> >
> > > - Andrew

> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re[4]: How to define shortcut keys for POS?

Imre András Róbert
Guys, I'd like to stick to the Alt+G example.

I've been playing around and found that
 - SHIFT and CTRL modifiers work, ALT do not (no idea why)
 - VK_G and VK_1 are also virtual keys (I did not expect that)

Further problem is that SKU.GZ-1001 is defined in posmain.xml, and
I don't know how to tie it to lets say code 505, as key-code is
not an attr of the Button element in posmain.xml.

Some docs would be nice on this topic.

Thanks,
  András

> Andras, Andrew,

> Yes, AFAIK value attribute is an arbitrary integer that you deal
> with after (see 500  for Enter, and 501  for Esc,  in POS).

> Jacques

>> Andras,
>>
>> Ok, so for a new shortcut...
>> jpos.xml
>> <prop name="key.VK_F1+SHIFT" type="String" value="297"/>
>>
>> buttonevents.xml
>> <button-events>
>> <!-- numeric button events -->
>> <event button-name="numOne" class-
>> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
>> disable-lock="true"/>
>> <event button-name="numOne" key-code="297" class-
>> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
>> disable-lock="true"/>
>>
>> So now pressing SHIFT+F1 triggers the triggerOne method.
>>
>> - Andrew
>>

>> value attribute, I think is an arbitrary integer, perhaps someone else
>> can confirm
>>

>> On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 16:16 +0100, Imre András Róbert wrote:
>> > Ok, I got it, I see Enter is defined with code 500.
>> >
>> > Now how can I define a code for Alt+G?
>> >
>> > And how can I get the 'default' codes which are not
>> > specified in jpos.xml? E.g. what happens when I press '1'
>> > for which there is no code in jpos.xml?
>> >

>> > Thanks,
>> >   András

>> --
>> Kind Regards
>> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
>> Sykes Development Ltd
>> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Re[4]: How to define shortcut keys for POS?

András,

I will try to take some time tomorrow to have a look at it. Just a promise ;o)

Jacques

> Guys, I'd like to stick to the Alt+G example.
>
> I've been playing around and found that
>  - SHIFT and CTRL modifiers work, ALT do not (no idea why)
>  - VK_G and VK_1 are also virtual keys (I did not expect that)
>
> Further problem is that SKU.GZ-1001 is defined in posmain.xml, and
> I don't know how to tie it to lets say code 505, as key-code is
> not an attr of the Button element in posmain.xml.
>
> Some docs would be nice on this topic.
>

> Thanks,
>   András
>

> Monday, February 12, 2007, 3:54:35 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Andras, Andrew,
>
> > Yes, AFAIK value attribute is an arbitrary integer that you deal
> > with after (see 500  for Enter, and 501  for Esc,  in POS).
>
> > Jacques
>

> >> Andras,
> >>
> >> Ok, so for a new shortcut...
> >> jpos.xml
> >> <prop name="key.VK_F1+SHIFT" type="String" value="297"/>
> >>
> >> buttonevents.xml
> >> <button-events>
> >> <!-- numeric button events -->
> >> <event button-name="numOne" class-
> >> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
> >> disable-lock="true"/>
> >> <event button-name="numOne" key-code="297" class-
> >> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
> >> disable-lock="true"/>
> >>
> >> So now pressing SHIFT+F1 triggers the triggerOne method.
> >>
> >> - Andrew
> >>

> >> value attribute, I think is an arbitrary integer, perhaps someone else
> >> can confirm

> >> --
> >> Kind Regards
> >> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> >> Sykes Development Ltd
> >> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Re[4]: How to define shortcut keys for POS?

Andras,

Did you get through this finally ? Sorry, did not find enough time to seriously look at it yet.

Jacques

> Guys, I'd like to stick to the Alt+G example.
>
> I've been playing around and found that
>  - SHIFT and CTRL modifiers work, ALT do not (no idea why)
>  - VK_G and VK_1 are also virtual keys (I did not expect that)
>
> Further problem is that SKU.GZ-1001 is defined in posmain.xml, and
> I don't know how to tie it to lets say code 505, as key-code is
> not an attr of the Button element in posmain.xml.
>
> Some docs would be nice on this topic.
>

> Thanks,
>   András
>

> Monday, February 12, 2007, 3:54:35 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Andras, Andrew,
>
> > Yes, AFAIK value attribute is an arbitrary integer that you deal
> > with after (see 500  for Enter, and 501  for Esc,  in POS).
>
> > Jacques
>

> >> Andras,
> >>
> >> Ok, so for a new shortcut...
> >> jpos.xml
> >> <prop name="key.VK_F1+SHIFT" type="String" value="297"/>
> >>
> >> buttonevents.xml
> >> <button-events>
> >> <!-- numeric button events -->
> >> <event button-name="numOne" class-
> >> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
> >> disable-lock="true"/>
> >> <event button-name="numOne" key-code="297" class-
> >> name="org.ofbiz.pos.event.NumericEvents" method-name="triggerOne"
> >> disable-lock="true"/>
> >>
> >> So now pressing SHIFT+F1 triggers the triggerOne method.
> >>
> >> - Andrew
> >>

> >> value attribute, I think is an arbitrary integer, perhaps someone else
> >> can confirm

> >> --
> >> Kind Regards
> >> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> >> Sykes Development Ltd
> >> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re[6]: How to define shortcut keys for POS?

Imre András Róbert
Jacques,

No problem.

No progress here, as we decided to use a Swing GUI.
The question is still open.

Thanks,
  András