How to display list of features by type in eCommerce

How to display list of features by type in eCommerce

Vince Clark
This is my first time to customize an OFBiz webstore. Our customer wants
to do several lists of products based on different criteria. For example:
By Brand (I'm using feature type "brand" to setup the features)
By Category (available OOTB)
By Price (grouped in ranges like "under $60", "$60-$80", etc.)

So I'm diving into making these kinds of simple customizations for the
first time and struggling with how to do it. I have added screens to
CommonScreens.xml and created the ftl files based on using
sidedeepcategory.bsh as an example. I have everything framed out and can
see my new sections in the webstore. Now I need to get some data in them
and make sure the hyperlink is formed properly. The links should drive
searches. For example, a list of brands will look like:
Asics
New Balance
Reebok
etc.

When the user clicks on the brand it should find all shoes with that
feature.

I am struggling with how to get the list. For example, should I create a
bsh script that uses ParameterizedSearch? If so, how do I set the search
criteria to restrict by featureTypeId (BRAND).
--
Vince Clark
Global Era
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
www.globalera.com

Re: How to display list of features by type in eCommerce

David E Jones

The best is probably the ProductSearch stuff, possibly combined with the ProductCategoryLink functionality. Related resources are the advancedsearch search criteria screen, and the keywordsearch search results screen (yeah, the names aren't great and are a result of the functionality evolving over time.

You can really do a lot with this stuff, including categories that have a mix of sub-categories and links to searches (the criteria can be put copied from the search results page in the catalog manager from a text box at the bottom).

-David