How to maintain an OFBiz-based app?

Mirko Nasato-3
Hi all,

I'm new here.  I'll have to maintain an application based on OFBiz.  I
was wondering how to maintain the application over time.

What I mean is: if I was using other frameworks, say Spring + Hibernate,
I would include the required JAR files as dependencies and upgrade when
a new version of Spring or Hibernate is released.

With OFBiz, apparently I need to check out the whole codebase from the
repository, and then customise it. But how do I make sure that my custom
stuff gets checked into my company's repository, and kept separate from
the rest of OFBiz, while keeping up to date with the latest OFBiz
developments?

Are you planning to release artifacts at some point?  I noticed the
project will graduate from the Incubator...

Thanks

Mirko

Re: How to maintain an OFBiz-based app?

cjhowe
For my mileage, the easiest way to maintain an
application based on OFBIZ is reuse, reuse, reuse.
From the old Wiki this explains a relatively simple
approach and one that's worked pretty well for my
uses.

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=FAQ21

Because of the component:// structure in ofbiz, you're
able to call a screen from any component in your
controller.xml file. So, if you are going to customize
an application, after following the wiki information,
just redirect the view-map to your customized screen.