How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

Gianni
Hi to all,
I am a new OFBiz user and I need a little help.

My OFBiz application is only reachable in localhost, not from a remote computer.
I just want to reach it from a remote host.
What config file have I to change to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards, ciao!

Gianni

Re: How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

Torsten Schlabach-2
Hi Gianni,

usually the default setup will bind to all IP addresses and accept
connections from everywhere.

Are you running a firewall? What operating system?

Regards,
Torsten

Gianni schrieb:

> Hi to all,
> I am a new OFBiz user and I need a little help.
>
> My OFBiz application is only reachable in localhost, not from a remote
> computer.
> I just want to reach it from a remote host.
> What config file have I to change to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards, ciao!
>
> Gianni

Re: How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

You have probably a firewall blocking the incoming calls to 8080 and
8443 ports

Jacopo

Gianni wrote:

> Hi to all,
> I am a new OFBiz user and I need a little help.
>
> My OFBiz application is only reachable in localhost, not from a remote
> computer.
> I just want to reach it from a remote host.
> What config file have I to change to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards, ciao!
>
> Gianni

Re: How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

Gianni
Hi Torsten and Jacopo,
thanks for your answers.
I am on Windows XP Home, and i am not running a firewall (Windows firewall is off too).

Torsten Schlabach-2 wrote

Gianni schrieb:
> Hi to all,
> I am a new OFBiz user and I need a little help.
>
> My OFBiz application is only reachable in localhost, not from a remote
> computer.
> I just want to reach it from a remote host.
> What config file have I to change to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards, ciao!
>
> Gianni

Re: How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

Gianni,

Try to use this soft to see what happens on your ports
http://www.download.com/Active-Ports/3000-2085_4-10121832.html

Jacques

> I am on Windows XP Home, and i am not running a firewall (Windows firewall
> is off too).
>

> Torsten Schlabach-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gianni,
> >
> > usually the default setup will bind to all IP addresses and accept
> > connections from everywhere.
> >
> > Are you running a firewall? What operating system?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Torsten
> >
> > Gianni schrieb:
> >> Hi to all,
> >> I am a new OFBiz user and I need a little help.
> >>
> >> My OFBiz application is only reachable in localhost, not from a remote
> >> computer.
> >> I just want to reach it from a remote host.
> >> What config file have I to change to do this?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your help.
> >>
> >> Best regards, ciao!
> >>
> >> Gianni

Re: How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

Gianni
Hi Jacque and all,
I am not running a firewall.

I have installed this utility, and my ports 8080 and 8443 state is 'LISTEN'.

Thanks again, ciao!

Gianni

jacques.le.roux wrote
Gianni,

Try to use this soft to see what happens on your ports
http://www.download.com/Active-Ports/3000-2085_4-10121832.html

Jacques

> I am on Windows XP Home, and i am not running a firewall (Windows firewall
> is off too).
>

> Torsten Schlabach-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gianni,
> >
> > usually the default setup will bind to all IP addresses and accept
> > connections from everywhere.
> >
> > Are you running a firewall? What operating system?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Torsten
> >
> > Gianni schrieb:
> >> Hi to all,
> >> I am a new OFBiz user and I need a little help.
> >>
> >> My OFBiz application is only reachable in localhost, not from a remote
> >> computer.
> >> I just want to reach it from a remote host.
> >> What config file have I to change to do this?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your help.
> >>
> >> Best regards, ciao!
> >>
> >> Gianni

Re: How to reach OFBiz from a remote host

So you should be able to use this port to connect to OFBiz. What's wrong here ?
Which URIs are you using to link to OFBiz ?

Jacques

From: "Gianni" <[hidden email]>

> Hi Jacque and all,
> I am not running a firewall.
>
> I have installed this utility, and my ports 8080 and 8443 state is 'LISTEN'.
>
> Thanks again, ciao!
>
> Gianni
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
> >
> > Gianni,
> >
> > Try to use this soft to see what happens on your ports
> > http://www.download.com/Active-Ports/3000-2085_4-10121832.html
> >
> > Jacques

Another point, which application is listening  on 8080 et 8443 (surely OFBiz but check plz)

Jacques

> So you should be able to use this port to connect to OFBiz. What's wrong here ?
> Which URIs are you using to link to OFBiz ?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Gianni" <[hidden email]>
> >
> > Hi Jacque and all,
> > I am not running a firewall.
> >
> > I have installed this utility, and my ports 8080 and 8443 state is 'LISTEN'.
> >
> > Thanks again, ciao!
> >
> > Gianni
> >

> > jacques.le.roux wrote:
> > >
> > > Gianni,
> > >
> > > Try to use this soft to see what happens on your ports
> > > http://www.download.com/Active-Ports/3000-2085_4-10121832.html
> > >
> > > Jacques

And what's the error message? Timeout? Host not found?
Did you make sure you're using https:// if going directly to 8443?
Did you also make sure that nothing else is listening on the ports and
OFBiz was unable to bind?

Jacques Le Roux schrieb:

> So you should be able to use this port to connect to OFBiz. What's wrong here ?
> Which URIs are you using to link to OFBiz ?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Gianni" <[hidden email]>
>
>>Hi Jacque and all,
>>I am not running a firewall.
>>
>>I have installed this utility, and my ports 8080 and 8443 state is 'LISTEN'.
>>
>>Thanks again, ciao!
>>
>>Gianni
>>

>>jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>
>>>Gianni,
>>>
>>>Try to use this soft to see what happens on your ports
>>>http://www.download.com/Active-Ports/3000-2085_4-10121832.html
>>>
>>>Jacques

I have found the solution.
The problem was that I access the Internet through a proxy, so i had to set into the file ofbiz-containers.xml the proxy name and port for http and https connections.

Bye

Gianni

jacques.le.roux wrote

From: "Gianni" <giagug80@yahoo.it>