How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

I'm sorry for the somewhat trivial question, but I cannot find a way to
set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is
shown in screen.
I've tried with something like this:

<set value="Thanks for running this service" field="successMessage"/>

But it doesn't work...
Any hints?

Re: How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hi Jacopo,

I am not sure but you can try this example as a
reference (I used it long time back...so its just a
hint):

<property-to-field resource="AccountingUiLabels"
property="AccountingEmailScheduledToSend"
field-name="successMessage"/>

Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

--- Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm sorry for the somewhat trivial question, but I
> cannot find a way to
> set the (success) result message in a minilang
> service so that it is
> shown in screen.
> I've tried with something like this:
>
> <set value="Thanks for running this service"
> field="successMessage"/>
>
> But it doesn't work...
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacopo

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)

Re: How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

Jacopo,

Your service is used in an event ? In this case field should be "_event_message_"

My 2 cts ;o)

Jacques

> I am not sure but you can try this example as a
> reference (I used it long time back...so its just a
> hint):
>
> <property-to-field resource="AccountingUiLabels"
> property="AccountingEmailScheduledToSend"
> field-name="successMessage"/>
>

> Regards
> Ashish Vijaywargiya
>
> --- Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm sorry for the somewhat trivial question, but I
> > cannot find a way to
> > set the (success) result message in a minilang
> > service so that it is
> > shown in screen.
> > I've tried with something like this:
> >
> > <set value="Thanks for running this service"
> > field="successMessage"/>
> >
> > But it doesn't work...
> > Any hints?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jacopo

> Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
> (http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)

Re: How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

BTW what is the difference between field and field-name ? field is only used with set isn't ?

I'm not able to do it without errors, but I think than an update of http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/docs/minilang.html should even
be done before replacing old syntaxes with set.

I have read some times ago that an API is of interest only through its documenation ;o)

I may help here with some clues

Jacques

> Jacopo,
>
> Your service is used in an event ? In this case field should be "_event_message_"
>
> My 2 cts ;o)
>
> Jacques

I may not understand what you are asking, however if you are using the
success when call a service from the controller,
this is just a string that is matched in the request-map
so you could use a screen widget to return the message.

if you do it the way you show, I think, you would have to have
response name="Thanks for running this service"
instead of
response name="success"

another solution is to have a success page similar to the error page.
it would then display the return mapped value.

last suggest is to use the messages.flt

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 10/31/2006 3:50 AM:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm sorry for the somewhat trivial question, but I cannot find a way to
> set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is
> shown in screen.
> I've tried with something like this:
>
> <set value="Thanks for running this service" field="successMessage"/>
>
> But it doesn't work...
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacopo

Re: How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

First of all,

thanks to all for your help.

I think I have found the issue: the service is called as a service-multi
event and I've discovered that the service-multi event handler simply
ignores the succesMessages (it only considers the error messages).
I will propose a patch soon because I think that it could be nice to
have both kind of messages in the result...

Jacopo