IMPORTANT Source License Problem

David E Jones-2

Andy,

In the review by one of the ASF guys he found a number of files that
are not an OSI approved license, and may not be acceptable to the
ASF. These are the compression socket files in:

framework/service/src/org/ofbiz/service/rmi/socket/zip/

Do you know where these came from? We need to clarify the source of
the code and the license, and if possible find a replacement
(preferably in a jar library or something).

Re: IMPORTANT Source License Problem

Andrew Zeneski
It came from a Sun example; hence the copyright. Its not really used,
so let's just take it out.

Andy

On Sep 28, 2006, at 6:38 AM, David E Jones wrote:

> Andy,
>
> In the review by one of the ASF guys he found a number of files
> that are not an OSI approved license, and may not be acceptable to
> the ASF. These are the compression socket files in:
>
> framework/service/src/org/ofbiz/service/rmi/socket/zip/
>
> Do you know where these came from? We need to clarify the source of
> the code and the license, and if possible find a replacement
> (preferably in a jar library or something).
>
> Thanks,

Re: IMPORTANT Source License Problem

David E Jones-2

Great, thanks for the quick feedback Andy. I'll go ahead and do that.

-David