[INFRA-20424] .asf.yaml and GH description

[INFRA-20424] .asf.yaml and GH description

With the new .asf.yaml file in root dir we have a description and labels at https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework that will be copied into plugins
when finalised.

They are roughly copied from https://ofbiz.apache.org/doap_OFBiz.rdf but the description there is too long to fit into GH

It seems limited to 347 (or maybe 350 with the last "...").

So rather than deciding by my own I'd like to share and decide with the community what our description, limited to 350 chars, should be.

I propose:

to remove

    "MMS/EAM (Maintenance Management System/Enterprise Asset Management)"

and suggest for the whole these 342 chars

    "Apache OFBiz is an open source product for the automation of enterprise processes. It includes framework components and business applications for
    ERP, CRM, E-Business/E-Commerce, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing Resource Planning. OFBiz provides a foundation and starting point for
    reliable, secure and scalable enterprise solutions."

Of course all ideas are welcome

Thanks

Jaques

Re: [INFRA-20424] .asf.yaml and GH description

> With the new .asf.yaml file in root dir we have a description and labels at https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework that will be copied into
> plugins when finalised.
>
> They are roughly copied from https://ofbiz.apache.org/doap_OFBiz.rdf but the description there is too long to fit into GH
>
> It seems limited to 347 (or maybe 350 with the last "...").
>
> So rather than deciding by my own I'd like to share and decide with the community what our description, limited to 350 chars, should be.
>
> I propose:
>
> to remove
>
>    "MMS/EAM (Maintenance Management System/Enterprise Asset Management)"
>
> and suggest for the whole these 342 chars
>
>    "Apache OFBiz is an open source product for the automation of enterprise processes. It includes framework components and business applications for
>    ERP, CRM, E-Business/E-Commerce, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing Resource Planning. OFBiz provides a foundation and starting point for
>    reliable, secure and scalable enterprise solutions."
>
> Of course all ideas are welcome

I have committed it already better than something truncated anyway.

I was wondering and think that we should create specific descriptions and labels for the other repos, ie plugins, site and tools, even if the last 2
could stay as is IMO

Re: [INFRA-20424] .asf.yaml and GH description

> Le 18/06/2020 à 11:15, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> With the new .asf.yaml file in root dir we have a description and labels at https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework that will be copied into
>> plugins when finalised.
>>
>> They are roughly copied from https://ofbiz.apache.org/doap_OFBiz.rdf but the description there is too long to fit into GH
>>
>> It seems limited to 347 (or maybe 350 with the last "...").
>>
>> So rather than deciding by my own I'd like to share and decide with the community what our description, limited to 350 chars, should be.
>>
>> I propose:
>>
>> to remove
>>
>>    "MMS/EAM (Maintenance Management System/Enterprise Asset Management)"
>>
>> and suggest for the whole these 342 chars
>>
>>    "Apache OFBiz is an open source product for the automation of enterprise processes. It includes framework components and business applications for
>>    ERP, CRM, E-Business/E-Commerce, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing Resource Planning. OFBiz provides a foundation and starting point for
>>    reliable, secure and scalable enterprise solutions."
>>
>> Of course all ideas are welcome
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques
>>
> I have committed it already better than something truncated anyway.
>
> I was wondering and think that we should create specific descriptions and labels for the other repos, ie plugins, site and tools, even if the last 2
> could stay as is IMO
>
> Jacques

Done