Improvements in work effort calendar

Suraj Khurana
Hello all,

I was wondering that OFBiz work effort calendar can be improved and made more generic as it is now.

Current implementation is we are using enumeration for calendar types and user can't add new calendar types as per own requirements (like holiday calendar, training calendar, meeting calendar etc.)

Instead of using an enumeration for that, we can use work effort of type CALENDAR and associate it with calendar events as work effort assoc.
Benefits:
  • User can create a personalized calendar.
  • Same event can be associated with multiple calendars.
  • Enumerations are hard-coded as of now, after this, the method to fetch calendar events will become generic and this improves the beauty of code base and it is not so good as of now.
And much more ...

Suggestions and opinions are invited.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Khurana | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer

HotWax Systems recently received 8 mentions in The Gartner Digital Commerce Vendor Guide, 2016 by Gartner, Inc., the world's leading IT research and advisory company.

Re: Improvements in work effort calendar

Pritam Kute
The proposal looks good to me Suraj. I can also see the good scope of
improvement in work effort calendar. Let me know if you need any help from
my side during the implementation phase. :)

Best Regards
--
Pritam Kute

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Suraj Khurana <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering that OFBiz work effort calendar can be improved and made
> more generic as it is now.
>
> Current implementation is we are using enumeration for calendar types and
> user can't add new calendar types as per own requirements (like holiday
> calendar, training calendar, meeting calendar etc.)
>
> Instead of using an enumeration for that, we can use work effort of type
> CALENDAR and associate it with calendar events as work effort assoc.
> Benefits:
>
>    - User can create a personalized calendar.
>    - Same event can be associated with multiple calendars.
>    - Enumerations are hard-coded as of now, after this, the method to
>    fetch calendar events will become generic and this improves the beauty of
>    code base and it is not so good as of now.
>
> And much more ...
>
> Suggestions and opinions are invited.
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> *Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/>  by  HotWax Systems
> <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78, Vijay Nagar, Indore, M.P. India 452010
> Cell phone: +91 96697-50002
> <https://about.me/surajkhurana?promo=email_sig>
>

> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/> recently received 8
> mentions in *The Gartner Digital Commerce Vendor Guide, 2016 *by Gartner,
> Inc., the world's leading IT research and advisory company.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]

Re: Improvements in work effort calendar

Suraj Khurana
Thanks Pritam,

I created a Jira <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9625> for
this improvement.

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer