Installation inssue

bpchip
-Moved this post from the OFBiz general forum-

I have just begun using OFBiz and I am struggling to start up running Windows XP.

Downloaded latest JDK file from Java and set JAVA_HOME on system variable to program_files\java\jdk1.6.0_23

Unzipped latest OFBiz bundle and when running in command prompt I receive:
"F:program_files\java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin\java" -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar ofbiz.jar
The system cannot find the file path specified.

Looking through other topics on this forum I attempted fixes that worked for other users but cannot get it to run.

Attempted to run ant run-install and received a similar message

Thoughts?

-Bryan

Re: Installation inssue

BJ Freeman
unless your created program_files there is none
there is a Program Files
java is case sensitive.
it is best you make a folder F:\jdk\jdk1.6.0_23 to put it in.
JAVA_HOME=F:\jdk\jdk1.6.0_23

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation  <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Specialtymarket.com  <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

bpchip sent the following on 2/11/2011 12:24 PM:

> -Moved this post from the OFBiz general forum-
>
> I have just begun using OFBiz and I am struggling to start up running
> Windows XP.
>
> Downloaded latest JDK file from Java and set JAVA_HOME on system variable to
> program_files\java\jdk1.6.0_23
>
> Unzipped latest OFBiz bundle and when running in command prompt I receive:
> "F:program_files\java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin\java" -Xms128M -Xmx512M
> -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar ofbiz.jar
> The system cannot find the file path specified.
>
> Looking through other topics on this forum I attempted fixes that worked for
> other users but cannot get it to run.
>
> Attempted to run ant run-install and received a similar message
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Bryan

Re: Installation inssue

Paul Foxworthy
Hi Brian,

If that is exactly the message you're getting, you need a backslash after the F:, and if you're following the Windows convention Program Files has a capital P and F and a space, not an underscore. File path names that include spaces must be enclosed in quotes.

I agree with BJ that a short path without spaces would be simpler and less error-prone.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

BJ Freeman wrote

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/