Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

Re: Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

champagroup
What's the default?

Re: Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

Mike Z
Depends on your postgres setup.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/multibyte.html

Shows that UTF8 supports all languages.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:10 AM, champagroup
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> What's the default?

Re: Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

champagroup
Well, I had just looked mine over and it's all en_US.UTF-8. So I should be in the clear.

Re: Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

BJ Freeman
look at webmin it lets you deal with all this in a more uniform way.
http://www.how2centos.com/installing-webmin-on-centos-5-5-tutorial/

champagroup sent the following on 11/16/2011 8:24 AM:

champagroup
Thanks. I had already installed Webmin, though, and the PostgreSQL module. What I really wanted to use was the phpPgAdmin software. But, from what I understand, it requires Apache and we did not install Apache since OFBiz uses Tomcat. I was also told that ports could be a problem if we were to install Apache with OFBiz. AT that rate, it doesn't look like I'd be able to use phpPgAdmin.

Re: Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

BJ Freeman
I have 5 instances using AJP with Apache httpd and Ofbiz core. No problem.
and I have phpPqAdmin installed but don't use it.

champagroup sent the following on 11/17/2011 9:54 AM:

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

>I have 5 instances using AJP with Apache httpd and Ofbiz core. No problem.
> and I have phpPqAdmin installed but don't use it.
>

> champagroup sent the following on 11/17/2011 9:54 AM:
>> Thanks. I had already installed Webmin, though, and the PostgreSQL module.
>> What I really wanted to use was the phpPgAdmin software. But, from what I
>> understand, it requires Apache and we did not install Apache since OFBiz
>> uses Tomcat. I was also told that ports could be a problem if we were to
>> install Apache with OFBiz. AT that rate, it doesn't look like I'd be able to
>> use phpPgAdmin.

Re: Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

Not sure why this was missing on user ML(!?)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-Howtousemodproxyajp

Jacques

>>I have 5 instances using AJP with Apache httpd and Ofbiz core. No problem.
>> and I have phpPqAdmin installed but don't use it.
>>

>> champagroup sent the following on 11/17/2011 9:54 AM:
>>> Thanks. I had already installed Webmin, though, and the PostgreSQL module.
>>> What I really wanted to use was the phpPgAdmin software. But, from what I
>>> understand, it requires Apache and we did not install Apache since OFBiz
>>> uses Tomcat. I was also told that ports could be a problem if we were to
>>> install Apache with OFBiz. AT that rate, it doesn't look like I'd be able to
>>> use phpPgAdmin.

Re: Installation on CentOS 5.6 with PostgreSQL

BJ Freeman
I have found that Webmin covers all the FAQ and more if used properly.
I am using the Webmin Scripts to created the DB for Tenants.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/17/2011 11:14 PM: