Interesting Article about Open Source and the OSI

Interesting Article about Open Source and the OSI

David E Jones

I'm not sure if any of us can do anything about this, but it appears that enough people are getting upset about certain "open source" industry practices and abuses that perhaps the wheels will start to turn:

If it were up to me "open source" would mean real community driven open source (ie software licensed ONLY under an open source license), and the other stuff would have to use a different name.

It's too bad that the industry doesn't cater to consumers as there are pretty active consumer protection groups that might get involved with this sort of corporate practice...

Re: Interesting Article about Open Source and the OSI

hans_bakker
In the Netherlands was even a company who said their products were 'open
source'....You could buy the software and got the source with it. So it
was 'open source' in their reasoning...

http://Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz support with competitive rates.