Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Sandeep Kose
Hello All,

I added a new technical document to OFBiz wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hZhjB>, which explains the setup of
a Cluster (Load Balancer and High Availability) with HaProxy and two OFBiz
instances.

Please review it and provide your feedback.

Best regards,

Sandeep Kose
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Swapnil Mane
Very nice, thank you Sandeep for your contribution.
Indeed, this will be very helpful in the OFBiz Cluster environment.

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Sandeep Kose <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I added a new technical document to OFBiz wiki
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hZhjB>, which explains the setup of
> a Cluster (Load Balancer and High Availability) with HaProxy and two OFBiz
> instances.
>
> Please review it and provide your feedback.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sandeep Kose
> www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Thanks Sandeep,

This looks quite good at 1st glance.
I did not try this exact config but I used HAProxy in the past. Though not with the Statistics which is a plus.

I suggest to put a link to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Distributed+Entity+Cache+Clear+(DCC)+Mechanism

We could also enrich with a page for HTTPD (simple things to start as you did).
Maybe simply a link to the FAQ for now https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo

BTW an alternative is https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Sticky+session+load+balancing+with+Apache+and+mod_balancer (miss the nice
graphs ;-))
I think we could also link your page from the FAQ which, as we spoke already, should be ultimately refactored.

Jacques

Le 31/08/2017 à 14:38, Sandeep Kose a écrit :

> Hello All,
>
> I added a new technical document to OFBiz wiki
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hZhjB>, which explains the setup of
> a Cluster (Load Balancer and High Availability) with HaProxy and two OFBiz
> instances.
>
> Please review it and provide your feedback.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sandeep Kose
> www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Done

> Thanks Sandeep,
>
> This looks quite good at 1st glance.
> I did not try this exact config but I used HAProxy in the past. Though not with the Statistics which is a plus.
>
> I suggest to put a link to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Distributed+Entity+Cache+Clear+(DCC)+Mechanism
>
> We could also enrich with a page for HTTPD (simple things to start as you did).
> Maybe simply a link to the FAQ for now https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo
>
> BTW an alternative is https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Sticky+session+load+balancing+with+Apache+and+mod_balancer (miss the nice
> graphs ;-))
> I think we could also link your page from the FAQ which, as we spoke already, should be ultimately refactored.
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 31/08/2017 à 14:38, Sandeep Kose a écrit :
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I added a new technical document to OFBiz wiki
>> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hZhjB>, which explains the setup of
>> a Cluster (Load Balancer and High Availability) with HaProxy and two OFBiz
>> instances.
>>
>> Please review it and provide your feedback.
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Sandeep Kose
>> www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Divesh Dutta-2
Looks good Sandeep. Thanks for your contribution.

Divesh Dutta.

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I added a new technical document to OFBiz wiki
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hZhjB>, which explains the setup of
> a Cluster (Load Balancer and High Availability) with HaProxy and two OFBiz
> instances.
>
> Please review it and provide your feedback.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sandeep Kose
> www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Sanjay Yadav
Document looking good. Thanks for your contribution.

Best Regards,

*Sanjay Yadav*
Manager, Enterprise Quality Assurance
HotWax Systems

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I added a new technical document to OFBiz wiki
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hZhjB>, which explains the setup of
> a Cluster (Load Balancer and High Availability) with HaProxy and two OFBiz
> instances.
>
> Please review it and provide your feedback.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sandeep Kose
> www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

Ratnesh Upadhyay-2
Great efforts Sandeep, thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I added a new technical document to OFBiz wiki
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hZhjB>, which explains the setup of
> a Cluster (Load Balancer and High Availability) with HaProxy and two OFBiz
> instances.
>
> Please review it and provide your feedback.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sandeep Kose
> www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Introduction to Load Balancing an OFBiz Cluster

signhumble