InventoryAlerts

Scott Gray
Should I create a patch to remove the InventoryAlerts stuff?  I can't
see the entity that they relate to and I can't find anything that calls
the services.

Thanks
Scott

Re: InventoryAlerts

David E Jones-2

What do you mean by the "InventoryAlerts" stuff, do backorder
notification service?

-David

On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Scott Gray wrote:

> Should I create a patch to remove the InventoryAlerts stuff?  I
> can't see the entity that they relate to and I can't find anything
> that calls the services.
>
> Thanks
> Scott

Re: InventoryAlerts

Scott Gray
Hi David

Here are the files/services:
applications/product/config/inventoryalerts.properties
applications/product/servicedef/services_maint.xml#getInventoryAlerts
applications/product/servicedef/services_maint.xml#emailInventoryAlerts
applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/InventoryServices.xml#getInventoryAlerts
applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/InventoryServices.xml#emailInventoryAlerts

I don't think they are related to backorder notifications, the
getInventoryAlerts services looks up an entity called InventoryAlert
which I can't seem to find?

Thanks
Scott

David E Jones wrote:

> What do you mean by the "InventoryAlerts" stuff, do backorder
> notification service?
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
>
>> Should I create a patch to remove the InventoryAlerts stuff?  I can't
>> see the entity that they relate to and I can't find anything that
>> calls the services.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott

Re: InventoryAlerts

David E Jones-2

Scott,

I took a quick peek at these and you're right, I don't think they are
used anywhere and the entity "InventoryAlert" does not seem to exist
anywhere.

Does anyone know where these came from and what was intended for them?

I'd say if we don't hear anything in a bit about these then yes, we
should just toss them.

-David

On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:44 PM, Scott Gray wrote:

> Hi David
>
> Here are the files/services:
> applications/product/config/inventoryalerts.properties
> applications/product/servicedef/services_maint.xml#getInventoryAlerts
> applications/product/servicedef/
> services_maint.xml#emailInventoryAlerts
> applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/
> InventoryServices.xml#getInventoryAlerts
> applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/
> InventoryServices.xml#emailInventoryAlerts
>
> I don't think they are related to backorder notifications, the
> getInventoryAlerts services looks up an entity called
> InventoryAlert which I can't seem to find?
>
> Thanks
> Scott
>
> David E Jones wrote:
>>
>> What do you mean by the "InventoryAlerts" stuff, do backorder
>> notification service?
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
>>
>>> Should I create a patch to remove the InventoryAlerts stuff?  I
>>> can't see the entity that they relate to and I can't find
>>> anything that calls the services.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Scott

Re: InventoryAlerts

Scott Gray
I tried to track it down in the old svn, but the
inventoryalerts.propertiesfile was there from the start, so it seem
pretty old.  My guess would be
that they were for some sort of manual reorder system, where an email was
sent if stock went below a certain level

On 30/10/06, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Scott,
>
> I took a quick peek at these and you're right, I don't think they are
> used anywhere and the entity "InventoryAlert" does not seem to exist
> anywhere.
>
> Does anyone know where these came from and what was intended for them?
>
> I'd say if we don't hear anything in a bit about these then yes, we
> should just toss them.
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:44 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
>
> > Hi David
> >
> > Here are the files/services:
> > applications/product/config/inventoryalerts.properties
> > applications/product/servicedef/services_maint.xml#getInventoryAlerts
> > applications/product/servicedef/
> > services_maint.xml#emailInventoryAlerts
> > applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/
> > InventoryServices.xml#getInventoryAlerts
> > applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/
> > InventoryServices.xml#emailInventoryAlerts
> >
> > I don't think they are related to backorder notifications, the
> > getInventoryAlerts services looks up an entity called
> > InventoryAlert which I can't seem to find?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Scott
> >
> > David E Jones wrote:
> >>
> >> What do you mean by the "InventoryAlerts" stuff, do backorder
> >> notification service?
> >>
> >> -David

Re: InventoryAlerts

Jacopo Cappellato
If this is true, then we should probably remove that stuff since there
are now automatic requirement creation services for this kind of things
(even if email are not sent right now, just requirements are created).

Jacopo

Scott Gray wrote:

> I tried to track it down in the old svn, but the
> inventoryalerts.propertiesfile was there from the start, so it seem
> pretty old.  My guess would be
> that they were for some sort of manual reorder system, where an email was
> sent if stock went below a certain level
>
> On 30/10/06, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Scott,
>>
>> I took a quick peek at these and you're right, I don't think they are
>> used anywhere and the entity "InventoryAlert" does not seem to exist
>> anywhere.
>>
>> Does anyone know where these came from and what was intended for them?
>>
>> I'd say if we don't hear anything in a bit about these then yes, we
>> should just toss them.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:44 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
>>
>> > Hi David
>> >
>> > Here are the files/services:
>> > applications/product/config/inventoryalerts.properties
>> > applications/product/servicedef/services_maint.xml#getInventoryAlerts
>> > applications/product/servicedef/
>> > services_maint.xml#emailInventoryAlerts
>> > applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/
>> > InventoryServices.xml#getInventoryAlerts
>> > applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/inventory/
>> > InventoryServices.xml#emailInventoryAlerts
>> >
>> > I don't think they are related to backorder notifications, the
>> > getInventoryAlerts services looks up an entity called
>> > InventoryAlert which I can't seem to find?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Scott

Re: InventoryAlerts

David E Jones-2

Okay, these are now gone in SVN rev 472791.

-David

On Oct 30, 2006, at 3:42 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> If this is true, then we should probably remove that stuff since
> there are now automatic requirement creation services for this kind
> of things (even if email are not sent right now, just requirements
> are created).
>
> Jacopo
>

> Scott Gray wrote:
>> I tried to track it down in the old svn, but the
>> inventoryalerts.propertiesfile was there from the start, so it seem
>> pretty old.  My guess would be
>> that they were for some sort of manual reorder system, where an
>> email was
>> sent if stock went below a certain level
>> On 30/10/06, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Scott,
>>>
>>> I took a quick peek at these and you're right, I don't think they
>>> are
>>> used anywhere and the entity "InventoryAlert" does not seem to exist
>>> anywhere.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where these came from and what was intended for
>>> them?
>>>
>>> I'd say if we don't hear anything in a bit about these then yes, we
>>> should just toss them.
>>>
>>> -David

>>> services_maint.xml#getInventoryAlerts

Re: InventoryAlerts

Scott Gray
Sorry David, I would have submitted a patch but I completely forgot
about this.

Regards
Scott