Is there a quick way to turn off security

Is there a quick way to turn off security

Anders Hessellund
Hi,

I have two quick questions:

1) How can I quickly turn off the login-check for the webtools component
while developing? I need to check the "entity data maintenance" every now
and then and I am tired of loggin in for each reboot.

2) I tried the tutorials from
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php, but for some
reason the seed data for the HelloWorld3 tutorial is not automatically fed
to the database. What is wrong? I have not edited the zipped tutorial
source code except for applying the fixes specified here
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/hello_svn_fixes.php

-- Anders

Re: Is there a quick way to turn off security

Cameron Smith-6
Hi Anders, answers to your questions...

1) Go to framework/webtools/ofbiz-component.xml and remove the base-permission attribute, then restart Ofbiz

2) If you read the Hello World 3 tutorial carefully, you will see that the seed data is NOT automatically populated.   To populate you can either:
 a) Do XML Data Import from the WebTools screens
 b) Execute ant run-install-seed from the command-line, assuming that you have registered your data file in your module's ofbiz-component.xml.  WARNING doing this will install seed data for ALL tables not just yours.  So other bits of data you have created via the screens, would be lost.

cameron

Re: Is there a quick way to turn off security

Anders Hessellund
Thanks Cameron,

but it doesn't seem to solve my problem (maybe I am doing something wrong?).

1) I removed the base-permission attribute and restarted, but for some
reason I am still required to log in??

2) Doh! I read the tutorial a little too fast. thanks :)

-- Anders

Re: Is there a quick way to turn off security

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Anders,

you can modify the controller's request-map entry for the uri and set
the security element to not reuire authentication:

<security https="true" auth="false"/>

Jacopo