Java Applets

While reviewing http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1811438 I stumbled upon the usage of Java Applets

It's still possible to use Java Applets in browsers but it's most of the time it's not OOTB
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-enable-java-all-major-web-browsers

And Java 9 deprecates it https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/jdk9_plugin.xml

Should  we continue to support Java Applets?

Re: Java Applets

taher
I'm in favor of removing any Java Applets. It was an idea born dead.

With that being said, there is very little code in the code base for
applets. On a quick grep I only saw these files (one or few lines in
each). Probably not used by anyone.
- applications/datamodel/data/seed/ContentSeedData.xml
- applications/party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml
- applications/party/template/visit/VisitDetail.ftl
- applications/content/data/ContentSecurityGroupDemoData.xml
- framework/security/config/SecurityEntityLabels.xml
- framework/common/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/common/CommonEvents.java
- plugins/ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/ldap/LdapLoginWorker.java

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Jacques Le Roux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While reviewing http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1811438
> I stumbled upon the usage of Java Applets
>
> It's still possible to use Java Applets in browsers but it's most of the
> time it's not OOTB
> https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-enable-java-all-major-web-browsers
>
> And Java 9 deprecates it
> https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/jdk9_plugin.xml
>
> Should  we continue to support Java Applets?

Re: Java Applets

Nicolas Malin-2
Le 21/11/2017 à 10:23, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> I'm in favor of removing any Java Applets. It was an idea born dead.
+1
Nicolas

Re: Java Applets

Thanks Guys,

Done at revision: 1818646  for OFBIZ-10094

Jacques