Java become open source

mrisaliti@libero.it
It seems that Sun has announced that Java become open source (like OFBIZ) and they release it under GPLv2 license.
I don't if you are interest on it but this is the news of today.

Regards
Marco

Chi punta sullÂ’inglese naturale Wall Street Institute, vince un English Box! Scopri come ritirare i tuoi premi, clicca qui!
http://click.libero.it/wallstreet14nov

Re: Java become open source

davidnwelton
> It seems that Sun has announced that Java become open source (like OFBIZ) and they release it under GPLv2 license.
> I don't if you are interest on it but this is the news of today.

It's pretty good news, I think.  It means that, potentially, you could
download Ubuntu or Fedora or something with everything you need to run
OFBiz already there.

Someone industrious might even create an OFBiz Ubuntu or something.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Java become open source

Yes, packages is certainly a good way to promote OFBiz...

Jacques

From: "David Welton" <[hidden email]>

> > It seems that Sun has announced that Java become open source (like OFBIZ) and they release it under GPLv2 license.
> > I don't if you are interest on it but this is the news of today.
>
> It's pretty good news, I think.  It means that, potentially, you could
> download Ubuntu or Fedora or something with everything you need to run
> OFBiz already there.
>
> Someone industrious might even create an OFBiz Ubuntu or something.
>
> --
> David N. Welton
>  - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
>
> Linux, Open Source Consulting
>  - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Java become open source

Anil Patel
We have done a Live CD of Ubuntu with Ofbiz. If this is of any interest for
anybody.

Anil Patel

On 11/14/06, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, packages is certainly a good way to promote OFBiz...
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "David Welton" <[hidden email]>
> > On 11/14/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > It seems that Sun has announced that Java become open source (like
> OFBIZ) and they release it under GPLv2 license.
> > > I don't if you are interest on it but this is the news of today.
> >
> > It's pretty good news, I think.  It means that, potentially, you could
> > download Ubuntu or Fedora or something with everything you need to run
> > OFBiz already there.
> >
> > Someone industrious might even create an OFBiz Ubuntu or something.
> >
> > --
> > David N. Welton
> >  - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
> >
> > Linux, Open Source Consulting
> >  - http://www.dedasys.com/

Ofbiz weekly stable build.

Chandresh Turakhia

Is there a place where I can ofbiz weekly builds. Someone had directly me to
ofbiz 4.0 download.

Website directs me to opentabs build.It is great but ofbiz 4.0 with
hhfacility build url may be better.

Does the weekly build always reach the url.

Chand

Re: Ofbiz weekly stable build.

David E Jones-2

The best thing to do for the most recent functionality is checkout
and build from SVN.

-David