Knowing a back end exists

BJ Freeman
while doing google
I found a lot of links to the actual back end of the ofbiz demo
this got me to wondering how more susceptible we are if the a search
engine finds a link to our backend.
I have a domain that even though the page is now gone, there are
attempts to hack the page for security. I get like 100s of posts and
gets to this page everyday, for different IP addresses.

Re: Knowing a back end exists

Andrew Zeneski-2
You should secure your backend, and at the very least tell robots.txt
to not search. IMO this is the job of the webmaster not the open
source project.

Andrew

On Aug 18, 2008, at 2:38 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> while doing google
> I found a lot of links to the actual back end of the ofbiz demo
> this got me to wondering how more susceptible we are if the a search
> engine finds a link to our backend.
> I have a domain that even though the page is now gone, there are
> attempts to hack the page for security. I get like 100s of posts and
> gets to this page everyday, for different IP addresses.

Re: Knowing a back end exists

BJ Freeman
yea I guess since ofbiz demo has the login as part of the url
it is easy for google to do this
#
OFBiz: Web Tools: WebTools Main Page
Aug 17, 2008 ... x.509 Certificates. My Certificates ... Copyright (c)
2001-2008 The Apache Software Foundation - www.apache.org Powered by
Apache OFBiz Testing.
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/main?externalLoginKey=EL531366465625
- 21 hours ago - Similar pages
#

Andrew Zeneski sent the following on 8/18/2008 1:53 PM: