Lazy request

I'm lazy and would prefer to type "g" than "gradlew" n times a day :)

Would I be authorised to add a simple b.gat in OFBiz root ("tools\g" is not as appealing) ? I recently learnt that it's not necessary to put the ASL
header in short simple script files[1] so its content is simply: "gradlew %*"

I guess the same could be done with a g.sh, but you would have to type "./g", still better no?

I know we can use the cmd line history, but each time I open a new terminal I still have to type "gradlew",  I don't find it as easy as "ant"

Opinions?

Thanks

[1] http://www.staging.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions (interesting page)

Re: Lazy request

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Jacques,

I'm using a Mac and would simply define an alias like gw ;-)

I have no problem with some convenience scripts, so +1 !

Regards,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de

Am 16.07.16 um 11:25 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:

> Hi,
>
> I'm lazy and would prefer to type "g" than "gradlew" n times a day :)
>
> Would I be authorised to add a simple b.gat in OFBiz root ("tools\g"
> is not as appealing) ? I recently learnt that it's not necessary to
> put the ASL header in short simple script files[1] so its content is
> simply: "gradlew %*"
>
> I guess the same could be done with a g.sh, but you would have to type
> "./g", still better no?
>
> I know we can use the cmd line history, but each time I open a new
> terminal I still have to type "gradlew",  I don't find it as easy as
> "ant"
>
> Opinions?
>
> Thanks
>
> [1]
> http://www.staging.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions
> (interesting page)

Re: Lazy request

OK, it seems doskey can do the same on Windows

Thanks Michael

Jacques

Le 16/07/2016 à 11:56, Michael Brohl a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>
> I'm using a Mac and would simply define an alias like gw ;-)
>
> I have no problem with some convenience scripts, so +1 !
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Brohl
> ecomify GmbH
> www.ecomify.de
>

> Am 16.07.16 um 11:25 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm lazy and would prefer to type "g" than "gradlew" n times a day :)
>>
>> Would I be authorised to add a simple b.gat in OFBiz root ("tools\g" is not as appealing) ? I recently learnt that it's not necessary to put the
>> ASL header in short simple script files[1] so its content is simply: "gradlew %*"
>>
>> I guess the same could be done with a g.sh, but you would have to type "./g", still better no?
>>
>> I know we can use the cmd line history, but each time I open a new terminal I still have to type "gradlew",  I don't find it as easy as "ant"
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> [1] http://www.staging.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions (interesting page)
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Lazy request

taher
Hi Jacques,

I think unnecessary, alternatives:

Windows: doskey g=gradlew
Linux: g=./gradlew

And for all operating systems, you can save your favorite commands in the
gradle GUI -> ./gradlew --gui

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Jacques,
>
> I'm using a Mac and would simply define an alias like gw ;-)
>
> I have no problem with some convenience scripts, so +1 !
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Brohl
> ecomify GmbH
> www.ecomify.de
>

> Am 16.07.16 um 11:25 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> I'm lazy and would prefer to type "g" than "gradlew" n times a day :)
>>
>> Would I be authorised to add a simple b.gat in OFBiz root ("tools\g" is
>> not as appealing) ? I recently learnt that it's not necessary to put the
>> ASL header in short simple script files[1] so its content is simply:
>> "gradlew %*"
>>
>> I guess the same could be done with a g.sh, but you would have to type
>> "./g", still better no?
>>
>> I know we can use the cmd line history, but each time I open a new
>> terminal I still have to type "gradlew",  I don't find it as easy as "ant"
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> [1] http://www.staging.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions
>> (interesting page)
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Lazy request

taher
Oops, we crossed wires. Anyway, I have a type:

Linux: alias g=./gradlew

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi Jacques,
>
> I think unnecessary, alternatives:
>
> Windows: doskey g=gradlew
> Linux: g=./gradlew
>
> And for all operating systems, you can save your favorite commands in the
> gradle GUI -> ./gradlew --gui
>
> Cheers,
>
> Taher Alkhateeb
>
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jacques,
>>
>> I'm using a Mac and would simply define an alias like gw ;-)
>>
>> I have no problem with some convenience scripts, so +1 !
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael Brohl
>> ecomify GmbH
>> www.ecomify.de
>>

>> Am 16.07.16 um 11:25 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm lazy and would prefer to type "g" than "gradlew" n times a day :)
>>>
>>> Would I be authorised to add a simple b.gat in OFBiz root ("tools\g" is
>>> not as appealing) ? I recently learnt that it's not necessary to put the
>>> ASL header in short simple script files[1] so its content is simply:
>>> "gradlew %*"
>>>
>>> I guess the same could be done with a g.sh, but you would have to type
>>> "./g", still better no?
>>>
>>> I know we can use the cmd line history, but each time I open a new
>>> terminal I still have to type "gradlew",  I don't find it as easy as "ant"
>>>
>>> Opinions?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.staging.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions
>>> (interesting page)
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Lazy request

It's a bit more work on Windows https://darkforge.blogspot.fr/2010/08/permanent-windows-command-line-aliases.html

But yes I'll use that, I'll also try the Gradle GUI, thanks Taher.

Jacques