Library sources are automatically downloaded

Re: Library sources are automatically downloaded

Forget it Taher, it works. I was just unlucky and tried with classes with no sources downloaded.

BTW it seems the OFBiz HipChat room is gone, or is it me only?

Thanks

Le 26/07/2016 à 20:04, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>
> They are linked automatically here. I'm beginning to get worried that this
> might be a windows thing again. Are the sources not linked on your PC?
>
> Taher Alkhateeb.
>
> On Jul 26, 2016 9:01 PM, "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Taher,
>>
>> I found that but I thought from answers in the Stackoverflow thread that
>> Eclipse would automatically link the jars with the sources if they exist.
>>
>> Or do you have to link them all manually :-o ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 26/07/2016 à 16:18, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Jacques,
>>>
>>> As I mentioned above, the sources reside in your Gradle cache.
>>>
>>> For example. looking at the commons-cli library, on my computer it is
>>> found
>>> in :
>>>

>>> $HOME/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/commons-cli/commons-cli/1.3.1/1303efbc4b181e5a58bf2e967dc156a3132b97c0/commons-cli-1.3.1.jar
>>>
>>> $HOME/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/commons-cli/commons-cli/1.3.1/12ec02d8cb9fbb33bd05506109a4fc8bcc3578/commons-cli-1.3.1-sources.jar
>>>
>>> Is that what you were searching for?
>>>
>>> Taher Alkhateeb
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Taher,

Re: Library sources are automatically downloaded

OK, Julien has just confirmed that the room does no longer exist. I think I know why. I'd just have expected a notice, from infra at least, no worries.

> Forget it Taher, it works. I was just unlucky and tried with classes with no sources downloaded.
>
> BTW it seems the OFBiz HipChat room is gone, or is it me only?
>
> Thanks
>

> Le 26/07/2016 à 20:04, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>> Hi Jacques,
>>
>> They are linked automatically here. I'm beginning to get worried that this
>> might be a windows thing again. Are the sources not linked on your PC?
>>
>> Taher Alkhateeb.
>>
>> On Jul 26, 2016 9:01 PM, "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Taher,
>>>
>>> I found that but I thought from answers in the Stackoverflow thread that
>>> Eclipse would automatically link the jars with the sources if they exist.
>>>
>>> Or do you have to link them all manually :-o ?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Library sources are automatically downloaded

Sharan-F
Hi Jacques

Sorry for the off topic post here.

No - it's not only you!

If you remember, I setup the HipChat room as an experimental place to
help with the committer mentoring, and although I think it's been quite
successful I've decided to close it, mainly so that we can discuss it,
get feedback from the committers involved and evaluate if we want it to
become a permanent tool the community can use. So I'll start a
discussion thread on it soon.

Thanks
Sharan

12