Line of Credit

Daniel Riquelme
Does OFBiz support the Line of Credit concept ?

How does OFBiz manages credit purchases to suppliers.
Is it possible to define an account limit so that it will not be possible to
create orders beyond that limit ?

regards,
Daniel Riquelme

Re: Line of Credit

David E Jones

Yes, it's on the Billing Account (entity name is BillingAccount) and
it's administered in the Accounting Manager.

-David

On Apr 21, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Daniel Riquelme wrote:
> Does OFBiz support the Line of Credit concept ?
>
> How does OFBiz manages credit purchases to suppliers.
> Is it possible to define an account limit so that it will not be
> possible to
> create orders beyond that limit ?
>
> regards,
> Daniel Riquelme

Re: Line of Credit

Daniel Riquelme
OK, so I guess I have to
*create a billing account,
**define it's limit,
**Enter my own company in "Party Billed To"

*In Roles add some entries such as
**Supplier party with role "Bill-From-Vendor"
**Supplier party with role "Supplier Agent"

And when processing the purchase invoice I'll have to do something like:
*Create outgoing payment
**Set my own company in "Organization Party Id"
**Set the supplier Party in "To Party Id"
**Set "Payment Type Id" to Vendor Payment
** Set "Payment Method Type" to Billing Account

*Apply payment to invoice

After doing this I see no decrement in the corresponding Billing Account
balance.

What am I missing ?

regards,
Daniel Riquelme