Linux install instruction error

BJ Freeman

in the page
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/How+to+run+OFBiz+as+a+Service
there is a line
useradd -m ofbizchown -R ofbiz /opt/ofbizchmod 700 /opt/ofbiz

the -R is not supported in Fedora
can someone give what that was suppose to mean so I can change it.
thanks

Re: Linux install instruction error

Brett
Is there a space between "ofbiz" and "chown"?  It should mean something like
"add the user ofbiz" and then recursively "-R" change the ownership for the
new user "ofbiz".

I'm not running Fedora but the command should work in any linux install.

Brett

On 6/23/07, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> in the page
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/How+to+run+OFBiz+as+a+Service
> there is a line
> useradd -m ofbizchown -R ofbiz /opt/ofbizchmod 700 /opt/ofbiz
>
> the -R is not supported in Fedora
> can someone give what that was suppose to mean so I can change it.
> thanks

Re: Linux install instruction error

BJ Freeman
did not even think of that.
thanks.
everything ok now

Brett Palmer sent the following on 6/23/2007 1:45 PM: