Dave Tenerowicz
We need to load sales tax rates by zip code. I believe these should be
loaded to ZipSalesTaxLookup entity. We'd like to enter a single
percentage that represents the general state tax rate  plus any
applicable county tax.
1 )Does anyone know if we can load the combined rate into the
comboSalesTax column?

We would populate the following columns in this entity:
zipCode
stateCode
city
county
fromDate
comboSalesTax  ??

2) Is there anything else we need to do in order for OfBiz to properly
calculate sales taxes?

Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8331

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Loading Sales Tax rates

BJ Freeman
you can use the webtools to enter one just item
https://operations.digiresources.com:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=ZipSalesTaxLookup
then export it the entity thru the webtools to give you an template.
I trick I use if to have the data in excel then add extra columns for
the xml stuff.
copy into a text editor like PFE that you can replace the tabs and do
mass cleanup of the xml.

You will find the tax code in the accounting application.
a brief glance says you need t use the tax authority and geo code
so you may have to hook in the ZipSalesTaxLookup

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 11/15/2007 3:20 PM:

> We need to load sales tax rates by zip code. I believe these should be
> loaded to ZipSalesTaxLookup entity. We'd like to enter a single
> percentage that represents the general state tax rate  plus any
> applicable county tax.
> 1 )Does anyone know if we can load the combined rate into the
> comboSalesTax column?
>
> We would populate the following columns in this entity:
> zipCode
> stateCode
> city
> county
> fromDate
> comboSalesTax  ??
>
> 2) Is there anything else we need to do in order for OfBiz to properly
> calculate sales taxes?

Re: Loading Sales Tax rates

David E Jones

If you're not using the specific data set from ZipSales that this
table is written for then I wouldn't recommend using it or the tax
calculation services that go along with it. They have very limited
flexibility and really don't handle the variety of laws that exist in
the USA, not to mention any other part of the world. In other words,
way too simplistic.

If you have other data sets or need more flexibility, I'd recommend
mapping them to the TaxAuthority and related data structures.

-David

On Nov 15, 2007, at 4:55 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> you can use the webtools to enter one just item
> https://operations.digiresources.com:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=ZipSalesTaxLookup
> then export it the entity thru the webtools to give you an template.
> I trick I use if to have the data in excel then add extra columns for
> the xml stuff.
> copy into a text editor like PFE that you can replace the tabs and do
> mass cleanup of the xml.
>
> You will find the tax code in the accounting application.
> a brief glance says you need t use the tax authority and geo code
> so you may have to hook in the ZipSalesTaxLookup
>
> Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 11/15/2007 3:20 PM:
>> We need to load sales tax rates by zip code. I believe these should
>> be
>> loaded to ZipSalesTaxLookup entity. We'd like to enter a single
>> percentage that represents the general state tax rate  plus any
>> applicable county tax.
>> 1 )Does anyone know if we can load the combined rate into the
>> comboSalesTax column?
>>
>> We would populate the following columns in this entity:
>> zipCode
>> stateCode
>> city
>> county
>> fromDate
>> comboSalesTax  ??
>>
>> 2) Is there anything else we need to do in order for OfBiz to
>> properly
>> calculate sales taxes?
>>
>> Thanks

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment