Lot control and product expiration dates

Lot control and product expiration dates

Dave Tenerowicz
Does anyone know if Lot control is functional at present of OFBiz? Has
anyone else worked on implementing lot control and expiration dates for
specific lots?

We have a client who needs this capability, and we are unsure about the
level of effort required to implement this.

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

Re: Lot control and product expiration dates

David E Jones

Dave,

Could you be more specific, namely about what it is you want to control with the lots?

There is some stuff in OFBiz, like tracking and reserving inventory in different locations according to expiration dates, but nothing (though it would be easy) to never reserve after an expire date, or perhaps even close to it within a certain range configurable per product, or something to notify someone when expired stuff needs to be cleared out.

-David

Dave Tenerowicz wrote:
> Does anyone know if Lot control is functional at present of OFBiz? Has
> anyone else worked on implementing lot control and expiration dates for
> specific lots?
>
> We have a client who needs this capability, and we are unsure about the
> level of effort required to implement this.

Re: Lot control and product expiration dates

Dave Tenerowicz
At this point the company needs to simply have some awareness of product
lots that are nearing expiration so the company can run a special
promotion to clear the stock before it becomes unsaleable.

Automatically making a particular lot unavailable for selection based
upon expiration date would certainly be nice, but they may be able to
get by with what I outlined above.

As far as notification - if we had lots and associated dates for each
product I think that a simple report of all products/lots what were
expiring in a date range would meed the immediate need.
-Dave