Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Chandan Khandelwal-4
Hello All,

I have reviewed the code and usage of EntitySyncRemove and found there are
no configurations available to disable usage of EntitySyncRemove.

It is creating problems when having a large database and frequent delete
operations.

Please provide your inputs to make EntitySyncRemove configurable.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandan Khandelwal
Direct: +91-9893481076
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/

Re: Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Hi Chandan,

Could you give us more information please?

In my mind EntitySyncRemove is only used on demand, but I could be wrong.

Did you find that EntitySyncRemove is automatically synced from somewhere?

Le 23/09/2017 à 08:20, Chandan Khandelwal a écrit :

> Hello All,
>
> I have reviewed the code and usage of EntitySyncRemove and found there are
> no configurations available to disable usage of EntitySyncRemove.
>
> It is creating problems when having a large database and frequent delete
> operations.
>
> Please provide your inputs to make EntitySyncRemove configurable.

Re: Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Ah, actually EntitySyncRemove is automatically used by the "Clear EntitySyncRemove Info" job which uses cleanSyncRemoveInfo

Maybe you only need to deactivate this job?

> Hi Chandan,
>
> Could you give us more information please?
>
> In my mind EntitySyncRemove is only used on demand, but I could be wrong.
>
> Did you find that EntitySyncRemove is automatically synced from somewhere?

> Le 23/09/2017 à 08:20, Chandan Khandelwal a écrit :
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have reviewed the code and usage of EntitySyncRemove and found there are
>> no configurations available to disable usage of EntitySyncRemove.
>>
>> It is creating problems when having a large database and frequent delete
>> operations.
>>
>> Please provide your inputs to make EntitySyncRemove configurable.

Re: Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Chandan Khandelwal-4
Hi Jacques,

cleanSyncRemoveInfo service will be used to clean/delete the
EntitySyncRemove records of specific time interval.

When any records are removed the primary key will be saved in the
EntitySyncRemove entity's for syncing purpose, I am talking about to not
create EntitySyncRemove records (disable the usage of ENTITY_SYNC*
entities) if not needed.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandan Khandelwal

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, actually EntitySyncRemove is automatically used by the "Clear
> EntitySyncRemove Info" job which uses cleanSyncRemoveInfo
>
> Maybe you only need to deactivate this job?
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 01/10/2017 à 10:51, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>
>> Hi Chandan,
>>
>> Could you give us more information please?
>>
>> In my mind EntitySyncRemove is only used on demand, but I could be wrong.
>>
>> Did you find that EntitySyncRemove is automatically synced from somewhere?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 23/09/2017 à 08:20, Chandan Khandelwal a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I have reviewed the code and usage of EntitySyncRemove and found there
>>> are
>>> no configurations available to disable usage of EntitySyncRemove.
>>>
>>> It is creating problems when having a large database and frequent delete
>>> operations.
>>>
>>> Please provide your inputs to make EntitySyncRemove configurable.

Re: Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Hi Chandan,

Then indeed a new mechanism should be introduced to prevent

this.saveEntitySyncRemoveInfo(value.getPrimaryKey());

in GenericDelegator.removeValue()

It seems to me that this should be set in entityengine.xml by delegator. Or maybe even simpler with a general property.

Jacques

Le 03/10/2017 à 13:07, Chandan Khandelwal a écrit :

> Hi Jacques,
>
> cleanSyncRemoveInfo service will be used to clean/delete the
> EntitySyncRemove records of specific time interval.
>
> When any records are removed the primary key will be saved in the
> EntitySyncRemove entity's for syncing purpose, I am talking about to not
> create EntitySyncRemove records (disable the usage of ENTITY_SYNC*
> entities) if not needed.

Re: Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Chandan Khandelwal-4
Thanks Jacques for your time on this. I will look into it more and provide
a patch for community review.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandan Khandelwal

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chandan,
>
> Then indeed a new mechanism should be introduced to prevent
>
> this.saveEntitySyncRemoveInfo(value.getPrimaryKey());
>
> in GenericDelegator.removeValue()
>
> It seems to me that this should be set in entityengine.xml by delegator.
> Or maybe even simpler with a general property.
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 03/10/2017 à 13:07, Chandan Khandelwal a écrit :
>
>> Hi Jacques,
>>
>> cleanSyncRemoveInfo service will be used to clean/delete the
>> EntitySyncRemove records of specific time interval.
>>
>> When any records are removed the primary key will be saved in the
>> EntitySyncRemove entity's for syncing purpose, I am talking about to not
>> create EntitySyncRemove records (disable the usage of ENTITY_SYNC*
>> entities) if not needed.

Re: Make usage of EntitySyncRemove configurable

Chandan Khandelwal-4
Here is the ticket for this improvement -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10008.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandan Khandelwal